Your Single most important software issue

DeaneG

Verified Owner
Cars
Air GT, XC40 P8 EV
Referral Code
3OKY7YGA
What is the single most important software issue remaining to be fixed, in your experience?

For me, it's EA charging reliability. On the only road trip I've taken in the Air so far, it took me over an hour on the phone with EA to get a single charge going for more than a few seconds. Typically the charge would start, then stop after a few seconds with an error message. A reboot of the charger and several reboots of the car didn't help. Other EVs came, charged, and left from the same station I'd tried and failed during the hour I was on the phone with EA trying another station. This is the only thing I want fixed. I can live with everything else.

@Firstto520

Honestly I haven’t had any showstoppers since 2.0. I also haven’t had any issues with EA though.

A couple times the overhead view doesn’t come up, but it works post-reboot and the inch markers and warning sounds still work so it’s not too bad.

What is the single most important software issue remaining to be fixed, in your experience?

For me, it's EA charging reliability. On the only road trip I've taken in the Air so far, it took me over an hour on the phone with EA to get a single charge going for more than a few seconds. Typically the charge would start, then stop after a few seconds with an error message. A reboot of the charger and several reboots of the car didn't help. Other EVs came, charged, and left from the same station I'd tried and failed during the hour I was on the phone with EA trying another station. This is the only thing I want fixed. I can live with everything else.

@Firstto520
I feel your pain and I don't have my AGT yet. The "free" EA charging for my Taycan has been about 50/50 for the two years I've owned it. The chargers are out of order or fail to connect. I don't use them very often but as of late I don't waste my time. I have recently used chargers from FPL Evolution (Florida only) or ChargeUp. They have been a little more reliable and more conveniently placed. Of course I do pay out of pocket.

Accurate range estimates.
real time EA availability with correct number of stations

I agree with @DeaneG.
This is not only inconvenience, but potentially safety risk, too.
Along the same line, doing a full reset without having to leave the car would be nice.

Back