Wiring Harness Recall

BJR

Cars
Air GT, Audi RS4
Just got a recall notice in the mail for the possible wiring harness not properly installed. Seems to do with the problem of the panels going black. I had that happen once, briefly. they are going to send a technician to our home, as the closest service center is 336 miles away.

Well, that certainly is good customer service! I can’t imagine most major automakers doing that.

Well, that certainly is good customer service! I can’t imagine most major automakers doing that.
It has been a Federal law for over 50 years that any automotive recalls have to be sent to customers by mail.

It has been a Federal law for over 50 years that any automotive recalls have to be sent to customers by mail.
I was referring to the technician driving many miles the the customer’s home.

Just got a recall notice in the mail for the possible wiring harness not properly installed. Seems to do with the problem of the panels going black. I had that happen once, briefly. they are going to send a technician to our home, as the closest service center is 336 miles away.
Good thing is that it only takes about 30 min

Lol I meant the recall, but just re-read your post that it actually blanked out. Hopefully your wires aren't frayed otherwise, car will need to be towed. 🤞

This is the same one we were emailed awhile back, I checked with my SA to confirm.

I got the mailed notice a few days ago,over a week after the techs checked for this while they were swapping out my rims and some trim pieces. It seems the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing at times in management. I had called myself as I had gotten no email like many others have gotten about this.

I would expect the manufacturer is legally required to send a snail mail copy of a safety recall notice to every owner irrelevant of the status of the recall for the vehicle.

Back