Wireless charging Samsung S22 ultra

ejktouring

Verified Owner
Cars
Grand Touring
I have only used my car once and my Samsung S22 ultra did not wirelessly charge. Has anyone been able to charge their Samsung phone or have any advice?

I have only used my car once and my Samsung S22 ultra did not wirelessly charge. Has anyone been able to charge their Samsung phone or have any advice?
My S22 normal works fine. Just push it in, flex it out slightly then it starts. I don't use it because it's too low down, but it worked when I tried it. That said it's a much smaller profile than the Ultra.

I have an S22 Ultra and you have to jam it in there to get it low enough to wirelessly charge. It's very tight, but it works.

I have one too with the largest case i could buy -- inner shell, outer thick rubber; it says Otter Box on the back. It does fit but need to stop the car and use both hands and push hard. Not something i regularily would do but more an emergency backup.

So I took my phone or off the case and pushed it all the way down into the charging area and it did charge.

It does not charge the Samsung ultra nor the iPhone Pro Max. It’s a horrible design and all the surrounding area around the cup holders made of poor plastic.

Let's put it this way - it does charge, but the design gets an F. The car is too new not to take into consideration existence of large phones, they should've thought it through, not exactly a rocket science. I have S22 Ultra in a case and after shoving it in once prefer to simply use a USB cable. It requires less effort and frustration.

Furthermore, it is a disgrace there is no charger for a passenger and you must deal with cables in a newly designed car.

It won’t be able to charge iPhone pro Max with Apple case on. Just compare it with any phone wireless station of 2020 Tesla and above.

It won’t be able to charge iPhone pro Max with Apple case on. Just compare it with any phone wireless station of 2020 Tesla and above.
We know this already and you are beating a dead horse. The wireless charging situation was one of the first negative feedback elements we had for Lucid. If it's that a deal breaker for you, then you can just move on, but there is no reason to keep harping on the poor design choice.

We know this already and you are beating a dead horse. The wireless charging situation was one of the first negative feedback elements we had for Lucid. If it's that a deal breaker for you, then you can just move on, but there is no reason to keep harping on the poor design choice.
I am not trying to beat them here but the point is to pass it to Lucid so they can redesign it ASAP. I also informed my Lucid sales rep about it who already submitted the feedback. However, no reply or update from Lucid about redesign it as of yet.
I am driving 93 miles every day, so yes this feature is important to me.

If I am you, I would appreciate all the feedbacks to improve the product.

I am not trying to beat them here but the point is to pass it to Lucid so they can redesign it ASAP. I also informed my Lucid sales rep about it who already submitted the feedback. However, no reply or update from Lucid about redesign it as of yet.

Right, but you've mentioned it at least 3 times already is my point.

Everyone is aware the charger is a disappointment. They do appreciate the feedback. The first time. From each of the many, many people who have submitted said feedback.

But we're concerned we haven't seen any redesign yet?

It's not like factory assembly lines turn on a dime. I'd be surprised if anything that minor in the Air changed even next year, let alone this year.

Think about how many of the current part they already have in the factory that are going into cars.
Think about how many they have already contracted on order.
Think about taking the design team off whatever they were already doing so they can redesign that part.
Think about the months of prototyping to get the part just right.
Think about finding a new contractor who can mass produce the newly designed part.
Think about testing that part for quality and durability, so it's not falling apart in two years.
Think about the logistics of mass producing that new part and getting it shipped to the factory.
Think about shutting down the line for a day to train the assemblers on the new part.

Is this something you expect them to do while trying desperately to meet newly, much lowered production goals after a rough first half of the year? Not to mention designing new models like Gravity?

The need for a rethink has been duly noted, as I'm sure many have complained about it. But I doubt the "redesign" has gone beyond a doodle on a napkin Derek Jenkins sketched during a cocktail party over some weekend.

I could see if it were a critically failing part that was causing crashes or complete system failures. Or something like the steering wheel not being able to telescope as far as tall people need it to. But it's a phone charger. And there are two USB ports within six inches of said charger that work just fine.

Yes, they dropped the ball. No question. But they are aware of it. And they'll get it fixed at some point. Probably not until they do more comprehensive look at the interior in general for areas of improvement. I wouldn't be surprised to see a different charger design in the Gravity, for instance, when that gets revealed. And then they will likely retro fit that into the Air sometime after, when they've run out of the contracted current parts.

Meanwhile, this is a perfect opportunity for some young enterpreneur to make a replacement part of their own and sell it to hungry Lucid customers. Tesla has spurred an entire industry of aftermarket products to fix the many flaws in their designs. Won't be long before someone does the same with Lucid.

I have an S22 Ultra and you have to jam it in there to get it low enough to wirelessly charge. It's very tight, but it works.
It does work. I put my s22 ultra with case in charger and it worked. My charging slot has flexible sleeve but I just got car 2 hrs ago.

Back