Wiper controls

ISOI

So I drove though a lot of rain a couple of days ago and discovered that the controls are not easy to engage while driving though serious rain. Tesla has voice control for wipers and if they don’t change the location of the wiper controls I hope lucid will add wiper control to Alexa voice command.

There are buttons on the left side of the cockpit panel to have them work on low or high automatically if there is water on the glass. Then you don't have to do anything at all! If that's not working fast enough, one tap on the left stalk will clear the window of rain. Which is why I'm not 100% sure where the wiper control is, I've never needed to use it.

There are buttons on the left side of the cockpit panel to have them work on low or high automatically if there is water on the glass. Then you don't have to do anything at all! If that's not working fast enough, one tap on the left stalk will clear the window of rain. Which is why I'm not 100% sure where the wiper control is, I've never needed to use it.
That same spot next to the auto high or low has two speeds for the wiper controls. One line is low, two lines is high.

1719162749934.png

Manual: https://publications.infotainment.p...tml#GUID-3141699D-1A5A-405D-BC2A-3377188932FE

Why is there an auto high and auto low instead of just one auto button? Is that helpful in some way?
Never rains in austin, so really doesn’t matter i guess.

I’ll try that! Thanks

Why is there an auto high and auto low instead of just one auto button? Is that helpful in some way?
Never rains in austin, so really doesn’t matter i guess.
Auto wipers are a fool's errand.

The fact that Lucid felt the need to have two "auto" modes is proof of that. But I get it.

No two people will agree on the optimal speed for "Auto" wipers. Some people like an aggressive wipe that gets all the drops off as soon as possible; other people get annoyed when there's two raindrops and the thing is wiping them off immediately.

You cannot make every driver happy. So give us multiple speeds—10-20, hudreds of choices, even—and just let us set it how we like, please.

I guess Lucid could not afford to pay Robert Kearns.

Most cars since the 70's have user-adjustable variable speed wipers.

Since Kearns, not a single electrical engineer has be able to figure out what he did or how he did it.

or

safety is not that important

Last edited:
Back