Winter Driving

Here!

GT 19 all seasons. Primary Michigan winter vehicle.

This will be my only vehicle, at least for a while. Not counting my eBike, which I use for getting around town in the warmer weather.

I'm ordering with the 19s for this reason.

While most folks take delivery and immediately send their Air to the detailing shop for PPF / ceramic, I will likely be taking mine first to the tire shop for snow tires. (Assuming I take delivery sometime in Feb or March, and the shop still has stock.)

Who is planning on using their Lucid as their primary vehicle in the snowy winter weather?
Great question but not me. It'll sit in my garage for the winter. I don't expect delivery of my Touring until Q1 2023 so it won't be driven much until Spring.

It is my primary vehicle as well. I took delivery right before our planned cross country trip, so after two weeks, we have 3,500 miles on it already.

I'm spec-ing Silver and metal roof---and not DDP. So I assume that puts me so far back in the line that my car won't deliver until Midwest winter 2023 has ended.

Going forward, we will certainly keep either BMW or Porsche SUV with the flexibility to leave the Lucid in the garage in bad weather---under almost any circumstance.

Similar strategy to a few years ago with 520HP Jag XJL--snow = no-go

Still, I don't understand why I cant get the 20" wheel with an all-weather tire, but if not I'll settle for 19".

Yes, unless it’s absolutely horrendous, with deep snow, then my Subaru may takeover.

I will drive all year long AGT 21” in hot Texas weather. For our brief winter, I will swap my son’s Polestar2 with my Wrangler all terrain tires.

It depends on the weather and road conditions. In an outright snowstorm or really bad road conditions, my favorite "old faithful" will be used more.

Me as well. Interested to see how it handles in the NJ snow. Hoping I can keep the AS tires on at least for the first winter and then maybe get a set of dedicated winter tires after if needed

I’m planning my AGT to be my daily driver including all winter in Massachusetts. I got the 21” wheels because they look so damn good. I have 19” cyclone wheels from my Model S still that I will put on for winter.

Does anyone know if the Tesla TPMS sensors will work with the Lucid? I had assumed I’d need to replace them, but for all I know they could be off the shelf components.

Who is planning on using their Lucid as their primary vehicle in the snowy winter weather?
Me and I already have a couple of pairs of snow socks for the AGT. Taking them with us when we drive 1500 miles, crossing the Rockies when we drive from Blaine, WA to Denver for Thanksgiving.

I am as well. Central Indiana has been getting very mild winters. So hopefully the all-seasons will perform well. Worst case scenario, pull the Toyota Tundra out of the garage. I need to run the truck around the block once a month to keep everything working since its just sitting now. Since I visit Chicago often may get snow tires once a Lucid approved tire has been announced.

Me and I already have a couple of pairs of snow socks for the AGT. Taking them with us when we drive 1500 miles, crossing the Rockies when we drive from Blaine, WA to Denver for Thanksgiving.
How did it do on your trip?

How did it do on your trip?
Never had to use them. No snow on the way to Denver and then we ended up driving south to Flagstaff, Barstow and then headed north to avoid a series of massive snow storms that would have closed the freeway.

Back