Windshield Wiper

Anyone find the wipers to be really sensitive on the Lucid Air? I put them in Auto Low, and they just keep going and going and going. They do stop eventually, but i went out to install my carseat in the car, it was dry but a little condensation on the windshield, and the wipers were just going off like crazy, i wasn't even in the driver seat, they really shouldn't be running if you're not driving the car, waste of energy.

Then this morning same thing, condensation on the windshield in the morning, and they just kept going and going, i had to manually switch them to the off position.
I find that they aren't sensitive enough... I'm in Seattle area and it rains a lot here. I keep them on Auto Hi and they rarely go beyond the pause between wipes. In heavier rain I have to either manually push the wiper button or switch away from Auto altogether.

I find that they aren't sensitive enough... I'm in Seattle area and it rains a lot here. I keep them on Auto Hi and they rarely go beyond the pause between wipes. In heavier rain I have to either manually push the wiper button or switch away from Auto altogether.
Same here...I'm often at light with the wipers on auto high but the window is covered with rain. When I'm driving it gets right to the point where I'm about to manually trigger the wipers due to too much rain on the window and then the wipers trigger... frustrating. I wish auto low was a bit conservative and auto high a bit over aggressive.

Same here...I'm often at light with the wipers on auto high but the window is covered with rain. When I'm driving it gets right to the point where I'm about to manually trigger the wipers due to too much rain on the window and then the wipers trigger... frustrating. I wish auto low was a bit conservative and auto high a bit over aggressive.
I just want 5 manual speeds instead of 2. It would be nice if the auto “just worked.” But it doesn’t. So more manual speeds would be the easiest fix until it does.

Yep, there hasn't been any rain where I haven't had to wipe manually at least once a minute or so. I'd rather it err on being too sensitive than being so insensitive. Plus when I get tired of the auto function it's so difficult to find the buttons hiding behind the wheel to manually adjust the wiper, it's dangerous.

for us in rainy environments, I put a priority on wiper performance and my AGT leaves me wanting

(FYI: I've been through 3 sets of wiper blades, 4 sets of wiper inserts and installed a windshield film to try and get a "clear" windshield esp with night time driving in the rain but to no avail)

Anyone else’s windshield wipers go bad within 5 months of owning the vehicle and having 5k miles? Mine leave streak marks and service wants to charge me for a new set. It is unreal for them to be such cheap quality and go bad within 5 months of owning a vehicle.
Yes, same here. Also, the way they set up the washer nozzles does not work well and reduces wiper life.

Over a year and 8k miles. It no longer snows here in SE PA so can't say how they hold up the the salt and grit we used to get in the winter.
Are still as good as new, but I had ceramic coating done shortly after delivery. Also, as a part of my "walk-around" pre-launch inspection I wipe down the windshield (along which checking tires, etc.).

Waiting for the service center to open in KoP.....
View attachment 15838
And Atlanta... and anywhere in the Carolinas.. the mid southeast is Lucid desert for repairs..

for us in rainy environments, I put a priority on wiper performance and my AGT leaves me wanting
(FYI: I've been through 3 sets of wiper blades, 4 sets of wiper inserts and installed a windshield film to try and get a "clear" windshield esp with night time driving in the rain but to no avail)
This stuff worked well for me, and lasts far longer than Rain-X:

I’ve been having issues with streaky wipers too. Had service replace them but they still streak. Is this just something we have to get used to? Any workarounds?

Is the only place to get windshield wiper replacements through service? I tried looking at the AutoZone cross OEM selection tool and was surprised there were zero matches.

Is the only place to get windshield wiper replacements through service? I tried looking at the AutoZone cross OEM selection tool and was surprised there were zero matches.
You can replace them yourself, but it's the kind where you replace the rubber and not the whole wiper.

Same here. The auto wipers are essentially useless. Auto high and auto low has too little sensitivity. I have to constantly press the manual button for an intermittent wipe. Frustrating to have to drive this way when the rain is too light for regular wipe.

6-12 months... In AZ lol. You get rain what like 5 times a year? LOL Only kidding. I know there's plenty of AZ that has decent amounts of precipitation. As you said, very weather dependent.
What kills the blades in Arizona is the heat, not the non existent rain.

Any idea where to find them?
Maybe something like this? 4PC Silicone Wiper Blade Refill,Adjustable Universal Replacement Wiper Blade Refill Replacement for Tesla,Toyota,Hyundai,Honda Front & Rear Windshield Wiper Baldes (28") https://a.co/d/hZP3Ssa

I honestly haven't tried.

Anyone find the wipers to be really sensitive on the Lucid Air? I put them in Auto Low, and they just keep going and going and going. They do stop eventually, but i went out to install my carseat in the car, it was dry but a little condensation on the windshield, and the wipers were just going off like crazy, i wasn't even in the driver seat, they really shouldn't be running if you're not driving the car, waste of energy.

Then this morning same thing, condensation on the windshield in the morning, and they just kept going and going, i had to manually switch them to the off position.
The auto setting on mine is terrible. Ignores rain and does nothing, or runs continuously with light rain.

I had mine replaced during the annual service. I noticed the driver side wiper leaving streaks days after the service. I let the CS know and a tech came in to replace the blade (not just the insert). It was all good for a couple of days and now it leaves streaks again.

Back