Windshield defect

xwave

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring, Model 3, Y
There are water dipping marks on the passenger side of windshield, and it makes visual distortion.
Anyone has same issue with the windshield?
6A2F74DC-9FC9-4D2D-98EB-479AE4917F36.jpeg
43AAF62D-B005-4D93-A7F4-251F38D5ACA4.jpeg

Have you contacted service?
I already scheduled a service appointment because the left rear door glass is not working, too. 😅

I dropped off my Air Touring at Torrance, CA service, and the SA told me the windshield needed to be replaced.
They gave me AGT loaner :)

Wow, I am so disappointed with Lucid Service Dept.
I received a call from SA, and he told me the left rear door glass regulator malfunction is from window tint, and the warranty won't cover it. Also, the windshield distortion is likely from the tint, too. However, there is no tint on the windshield. Basically, they try to make reasons to void the warranty with a less than a week-old vehicle.
I've never expected this kind of service with this price range vehicle.

Wow, I am so disappointed with Lucid Service Dept.
I received a call from SA, and he told me the left rear door glass regulator malfunction is from window tint, and the warranty won't cover it. Also, the windshield distortion is likely from the tint, too. However, there is no tint on the windshield. Basically, they try to make reasons to void the warranty with a less than a week-old vehicle.
I've never expected this kind of service with this price range vehicle.
Build a paper trail. Send them an email reciting what has happened, what they said, and the fact that the windshield was not tinted. Ask them, nicely, to take another look at it considering that you didn't tint the windshield.

People respond much better when you are nice but build a paper trail just in case.

Build a paper trail. Send them an email reciting what has happened, what they said, and the fact that the windshield was not tinted. Ask them, nicely, to take another look at it considering that you didn't tint the windshield.

People respond much better when you are nice but build a paper trail just in case.
7C868CD5-2CB1-4FC3-B215-F989A039D44D.jpeg

This is text from SA. They made decision before they actually check the vehicle. They haven‘t removed the left rear door trim at that time, and told me that it is confirmed tint causing the malfunction. After I complained, I received txt that the windshield will be covered under warranty and tech still checking rear door regulator issue. SA will contact me tomorrow.

View attachment 11457
This is text from SA. They made decision before they actually check the vehicle. They haven‘t removed the left rear door trim at that time, and told me that it is confirmed tint causing the malfunction. After I complained, I received txt that the windshield will be covered under warranty and tech still checking rear door regulator issue. SA will contact me tomorrow.
Sure it's possible. When my car got tinted the window stopped working. The tint shop forgot to plug it back in. They do remove the panel to tint.

Sure it's possible. When my car got tinted the window stopped working. The tint shop forgot to plug it back in. They do remove the panel to tint.
Yes, it is possible but they need to verify it before they tell customer.
My disappointment is that they told me they will void warranty before they inspect the vehicle what cause the problem.

Yes, it is possible but they need to verify it before they tell customer.
My disappointment is that they told me they will void warranty before they inspect the vehicle what cause the problem.
Be kind and nice to them. You catch more flies with honey.

I've noticed some double vision on certain areas near my line of sight on my Touring AND on the Grand Touring loaner I currently have.
I have this too, I thought my eyes were getting worse but my wife sees it too

I have similar issue in my Air GT - the windshield glass has a small distortion directly in line-of-sight on the driver side. Once you see it, you cannot NOT see it and it is very annoying / distracting. I just opened a service request - will post the resulting actions as they progress.

I have similar issue in my Air GT - the windshield glass has a small distortion directly in line-of-sight on the driver side. Once you see it, you cannot NOT see it and it is very annoying / distracting. I just opened a service request - will post the resulting actions as they progress.
Please keep us posted

I dropped off my Air Touring at Torrance, CA service, and the SA told me the windshield needed to be replaced.
They gave me AGT loaner :)
Smart decision by Lucid. If owners of Tourings and Pures get AGTs as loaners, they will see what they are missing. Might encourage some to upgrade where they wouldn't have done so otherwise.

Smart decision by Lucid. If owners of Tourings and Pures get AGTs as loaners, they will see what they are missing. Might encourage some to upgrade where they wouldn't have done so otherwise.
Thanks I'll put in a ticket. I thought I had to live with it 😪

Service request opened but Millbrae service center (NorCal) is booked up, first opening is late-August. The center is 150 mile round trip for me so I requested mobile service for initial inspection. However Lucid said for this defect (and the frunk latching issue) it needs to come to the shop for inspection. They are sending truck to flat-bed the vehicle both ways. I appreciate that especially as this is a leased vehicle with mileage restrictions. Will update once they inspect vehicle in August.

Finally got my Lucid into the NorCal service center. They had the vehicle for 10 days during which time the windshield was replaced and frunk adjusted, all under warranty. It is very nice to no longer see the windshield distortion while driving!

Finally got my Lucid into the NorCal service center. They had the vehicle for 10 days during which time the windshield was replaced and frunk adjusted, all under warranty. It is very nice to no longer see the windshield distortion while driving!
Is this the double vision or something else?

Back