RESOLVED Window does not close

dnpr8055

Hello everyone,

This morning I lowered my driver side window at a drive thru, and then it would not close completely. When I press the close button, it comes all the way to 50% and spring back and stay there.

Any more attempts resulted in the same outcome. Does anyone here had similar issue before? If so, how to address it?

Thank you.

While I have not experienced this in the Lucid, I have had it in other cars. You can try easing it up while in motion by lightly pressing out and up as the window gets near the stopping point. If that doesn’t work, a reset of the car may help? All else fails, text/call customer service.

I have experienced this in another car. It was because the window glass wasn’t seated properly. Usually lifting the glass window up by hand at the point it got stuck allowed the mechanism to re-align enough to close the window and take it to the mechanic/dealer. This was a common problem with Infiniti G35s. I don’t know if it the same issue that you are having.

Likely a physical adjustment is needed for the window by Customer Service. The window motor and sensor detect resistance and go back down if they sense something, like fingers or your dog's head. If the window's closing path is a bit snug, or the sensor is off, etc., you'll get this effect on closing. Usually worse in colder weather or after the car has been through a storm. Check in with CS.
However, as a workaround, you can provide a bit of closing assistance by pushing up lightly as the window closes. I've had to do this not only on car windows but garage doors; usually cleaning the tracks helps on the windows.

Hello everyone,

This morning I lowered my driver side window at a drive thru, and then it would not close completely. When I press the close button, it comes all the way to 50% and spring back and stay there.

Any more attempts resulted in the same outcome. Does anyone here had similar issue before? If so, how to address it?

Thank you.
This is happening with my driver side window as well. It will go up about 1/3 of the way and then go back down. If I pull up on the window while closing with the button it will close completely. I have contacted customer service about this.

While I have not experienced this in the Lucid, I have had it in other cars. You can try easing it up while in motion by lightly pressing out and up as the window gets near the stopping point. If that doesn’t work, a reset of the car may help? All else fails, text/call customer service.
I have done this as well on other vehicles. I may think the window is getting stuck

I had this exact same thing happen. Was busted for 4-5 days. It fixed itself randomly by the time service took a look at it.

My workaround was so just rapidly raise the window in single button presses, without triggering the auto close. If that makes sense?

I had this exact same thing happen. Was busted for 4-5 days. It fixed itself randomly by the time service took a look at it.

My workaround was so just rapidly raise the window in single button presses, without triggering the auto close. If that makes sense?
Based on the way the resistance is measured, this does totally make sense. More applicable for mild resistance; for times when you have a bit more crud buildup in the window tracks, this will be less likely to work. Just a hint from the car that you need to clean the tracks, in most cases -- with the window down, run a small brush through the tracks to pull out debris. You may also use a bit of soapy water on the brush, or lubricant spray to soften the material in the tracks. You don't want to put this off and then find you can't roll your window back up after going through a toll booth or drive-up window on a rainy day!
But again, if minor maintenance activities like this don't eliminate the problem, have it checked by service. Mechanical and sensor defects can occur.

I had this same problem on my driver's side window yesterday. I ended up getting out of the car, locking, unlocking, and starting up the car again, and it went back to normal.
Hoping this was a one time thing, since I am scheduled to get my windows tinted in 1 week!

Had the same problem and service came out and replaced a part in it. Now its back, and this reminds me I have to contact service.

You have to "program" your windows if they aren't already done. I don't really remember it accurately but service can walk you through it with no problem. Because I can't remember the process, just reach out and they will help you get it done. Took me about 2 minutes to get mine programmed. Good luck!

Got Touring this Sunday and my driver's window is down doesn't go up. Goes up about an inch and then goes back down. Also auto close on the driver's side didn't not appear to work (before this happened). Tried reset, tugging on the window. Call put into client care.

Took mine to the service center without an appointment. They fixed it in 5 minutes. Something with the sensor. This is a known problem. No more issues after.

Presumably, you live reasonably near to a service center (as do I). That is a real advantage.
Yes. Lucid service center is 10 miles away. It's quicker for me to drive to the service center compared to calling the hotline trying to set up an appointment. Getting complimentary espresso and pastries is a plus also!

Mine had the same problem, and I had to take it in for service. Unfortunately, in Newport Beach, California that meant eight days.

My rear window decided to not go up. I could hear the actuator moving but then unable to progress. I ended up manually sliding the glass back up and used the window switch to try to get it back in position. So far it hasn't creeped back down, but I haven't tested it to see if its back on track or not. I'll be bringing it in to service in a few weeks.

Back