Will Lucid take Cosmos reservations?

I would argue that Lucid does not have a brand identity. Lucid has some brand awareness which is why sales are good but that is a lot different than a brand identity.
100% agree. Something to work on. If anything right now its something like "better Model S not made by Tesla" or "heard they're really fast". But there's gotta be something else added to it. Compromise Nothing seems mostly dead? Haven't heard it in a while. Hmmm.
 
Practically all DC fast charging stations in the USA are 920V capable other than Tesla superchargers. A 400V DC fast charging station would limit the Air to 47kW charging. I've never run across one, and have never heard someone in this forum complaining of plugging an Air into a CCS station and getting only 47kW.

I don't know the percentage, I'll leave that up to you to find.
Exactly, I was under the inpression that the only lower voltage (~400v) DCFC were the Telsa chagers and all CCS were high voltage (~920v).
 
That’s one way to look at it. But I don’t know many families who would actually order a new $50k+ car without seeing it in person first or test driving it. And we are talking about a mass market car, not the Air/Gravity enthusiasts.

Usually with an actual ‘order’ you’re dealing with a non-refundable deposit. Not many people will order Cosmos in the dark that way. Lucid has nearly zero brand equity. I think few people will take that bet until they can test drive the car.

This is another reason why reservations made sense to me. Allows mass market people to learn about the brand and express interest. But I can also see how misleading that number can be.

As much as service and software are things to iron out, Lucid needs brand identity. Some recent EV podcasts are now saying it’s the major reason why Rivian will succeed and Lucid may not - brand identity is polar opposites for the two companies. And it’s not that Rivian hasn’t had problems either. In fact they have the worst reliability by CR. But they’ve created a tremendous amount of brand desirability.
Lots of people say things about Tesla, Rivian, Lucid, Polestar; which one will survive or go bankrupt, etc. It's their opinion.
I would never buy a Tesla or Rivian. Their styling just does not appeal to me. However, it does to others, and that's fine too.
Outside of Chinese EVs, my only real choice in the U.S. was Lucid Gravity (and Cosmos for my wife whenever it's available).

The potential market for new EV buyers in the US is in the millions, and Lucid will have a share. It won't be the end of the world if by 2030, Rivian has sold 500,000 R2s, and Lucid has sold 250,000 "Cosmoses".
In 2025, BMW sold ~76,000 X5s, and Volvo sold ~40,000 XC90s. Both companies are still around and continue to innovate and sell cars.
 
Exactly, I was under the inpression that the only lower voltage (~400v) DCFC were the Telsa chagers and all CCS were high voltage (~920v).

Vast majority of Superchargers are 500v because the nominal voltage of the Plaid X/S is just over 400v so those variants couldn't even charge at max speed on older v2 hardware. The Supercharger network really feels like it's designed to be "good enough" for whatever EV Tesla just released. Taking them a long time to roll out true v4 locations though.

I don't think I've seen a CCS/NACS DCFC that isn't 1000v. It's more likely that a station is amp limited like a 150kw EA stall or an older 200kw EVgo location. On more than one occasion I've seen something like an id4 or Mach E pulling just 70kw at one of those EVgo locations because those cables max out at 200A because they're not actively cooled.

100% agree. Something to work on. If anything right now its something like "better Model S not made by Tesla" or "heard they're really fast". But there's gotta be something else added to it. Compromise Nothing seems mostly dead? Haven't heard it in a while. Hmmm.

Definitely don't look at Lucid's new waste of advertising budget on their YouTube channel. 40 years ago (god, that's too long ago), Lexus showed how to advertise a pursuit of perfection with nothing more than their brand new LS and a dozen champagne coupes sitting on its hood. Actually meaningful or not, that was a more impressive advertisement of engineering than anything Lucid has tried with their ads. It definitely isn't throwing millions of dollars at Josh Hart to have him sit in a Gravity and listen to some "tranquility" sounds or having Timothy be driven around an oval. Advertising the speed and acceleration of an EV is a meaningless exercise.
 
[…] Advertising the speed and acceleration of an EV is a meaningless exercise.
It’s what got me in the door 🤣.

It’s too bad BMW coined the phrase, “the ultimate driving machine.” It’s what I think of every time I get in my Gravity.
 
Lucid actually has some good ads, idk why we always give them so much flak. And since I know people are going to ask, here are a few (there are others I think are good as well):





 
Back
Top