RESOLVED Why does the music keep playing when I stop the car?

KenAir

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air GT
I listen to music via Bluetooth from my iPhone. It works fine, and with the recent CarPlay upgrade it works even better.

But I have a strange problem. When I stop the car, the music is playing - fine. When I press "Park", the music still playing - ok I guess. When I open the door to get out, the music is STILL playing - which seems very strange to me. Then, I close the door, and start to walk away, and the music is STILL playing. That seems like a big software bug. The only ways to get the music to stop and "pause" on my phone is to manually lock the car with the key fob as I walk away, or press pause on my phone every time I leave the vehicle.

Is there something I need to do to get the music to stop playing when I switch to Park or exit the vehicle? Other than manually pressing pause every single time?

I listen to music via Bluetooth from my iPhone. It works fine, and with the recent CarPlay upgrade it works even better.

But I have a strange problem. When I stop the car, the music is playing - fine. When I press "Park", the music still playing - ok I guess. When I open the door to get out, the music is STILL playing - which seems very strange to me. Then, I close the door, and start to walk away, and the music is STILL playing. That seems like a big software bug. The only ways to get the music to stop and "pause" on my phone is to manually lock the car with the key fob as I walk away, or press pause on my phone every time I leave the vehicle.

Is there something I need to do to get the music to stop playing when I switch to Park or exit the vehicle? Other than manually pressing pause every single time?
you don’t need to press pause it all. It turns itself off.

you don’t need to press pause it all. It turns itself off.
As I said in the explanation, it is NOT turning itself off. That's why I made the post.

Are you saying it will eventually turn itself off? How long should I wait? Seems odd to just let the music keep playing long after I leave the car. I suppose it will turn itself off if I I am out of Bluetooth range. But my point is the music should pause when I open the door - like every other car I have ever owned.

As I said in the explanation, it is NOT turning itself off. That's why I made the post.

Are you saying it will eventually turn itself off? How long should I wait? Seems odd to just let the music keep playing long after I leave the car. I suppose it will turn itself off if I I am out of Bluetooth range. But my point is the music should pause when I open the door - like every other car I have ever owned.
It will turn it off off when the car goes to sleep. If you stand there next to the car, it won't go to sleep if it detects your key. Walk away! Are you keeping your key/phone far enough from the car that it doesn't wake up?

You can pause it in the car by pushing the media button, but other cars, ICE versions stop the music because opening the door triggers it. But this is after you've turned your car off, the Lucid remains on until it locks.

I think this is another manifestation of my car being able to detect my key at longer than normal distances. I posted once how my car keeps waking up as I walk around the inside of my house. Somehow the car can detect the key 30-40 feet away. So that's why the music keeps playing after I walk away - I need to walk a long way away to get it to sleep.

It just seems like a dumb "feature" to me. Once I put the car in park, open the door, get out, then close the door - it should just stop playing. Why play the music with the door shut and no one in the car?

So yes, I suppose walking 40 feet away will "work". I just wanted something clever, like pausing music once I am in park and open the door.

I think this is another manifestation of my car being able to detect my key at longer than normal distances. I posted once how my car keeps waking up as I walk around the inside of my house. Somehow the car can detect the key 30-40 feet away. So that's why the music keeps playing after I walk away - I need to walk a long way away to get it to sleep.

It just seems like a dumb "feature" to me. Once I put the car in park, open the door, get out, then close the door - it should just stop playing. Why play the music with the door shut and no one in the car?

So yes, I suppose walking 40 feet away will "work". I just wanted something clever, like pausing music once I am in park and open the door.
Do you use the mobile key or the key fob? The key fob tends to have a longer range associated with it. I use the mobile key and it tends to close the doorhandles when I am about 20 feet away.

Do you use the mobile key or the key fob? The key fob tends to have a longer range associated with it. I use the mobile key and it tends to close the doorhandles when I am about 20 feet away.
I had to kill the mobile key, as I always have my phone in my pocket and the car would keep waking up as I walked around my house. My office is above the garage so all day I was waking up the car. I only use the fob now, but I had to get in the habit of leaving the fob in a basket in the far end of the house so the car can't see it. If I keep the fob in my pocket it will wake the car up constantly as I move around the house. I wish there was a software setting to have the car only wake up if I touch the door handle or press the fob, and to turn off my music and go to sleep once I exit the vehicle. Using the key/phone proximity to do everything seems clever but is horrible in practice when the car is parked at home. A geo fence sort of setting would help too as this only happens and is a problem when I'm at home.

I had to kill the mobile key, as I always have my phone in my pocket and the car would keep waking up as I walked around my house. My office is above the garage so all day I was waking up the car. I only use the fob now, but I had to get in the habit of leaving the fob in a basket in the far end of the house so the car can't see it. If I keep the fob in my pocket it will wake the car up constantly as I move around the house. I wish there was a software setting to have the car only wake up if I touch the door handle or press the fob, and to turn off my music and go to sleep once I exit the vehicle. Using the key/phone proximity to do everything seems clever but is horrible in practice when the car is parked at home. A geo fence sort of setting would help too as this only happens and is a problem when I'm at home.
Just push the pause button

My BMW M5 would continue to play music until either locked or a set amount of time had gone by. Not sure they are still that way, but it did the same thing. I got used to it, but it drove my wife crazy. I have a Faraday box/pouches that I keep my fobs in.

So I have been listening to an audiobook in the car. Having it try to keep playing whenever possible is a big problem in this case. I push pause when I park the car. But when I return to the car, it has already started playing before I get in, and I and up missing over a minute of audio every time. There doesn't seem to be a way to avoid having it play other than selecting a different source before getting out. I would really like to see the music stop when the driver's door opens. And not start playing when the car wakes up.

So I have been listening to an audiobook in the car. Having it try to keep playing whenever possible is a big problem in this case. I push pause when I park the car. But when I return to the car, it has already started playing before I get in, and I and up missing over a minute of audio every time. There doesn't seem to be a way to avoid having it play other than selecting a different source before getting out. I would really like to see the music stop when the driver's door opens. And not start playing when the car wakes up.
That’s a great suggestion. Unfortunately, just putting it here doesn’t have much affect. Write it up and send it to Lucid customer service.

Infuriating. Auto play is the work of Satan. Should be abolished from the known universe.

Can you tell I really hate auto play?

I gotta say, I'm with Original Poster on this. Most of my listening is podcasts. At a minimum, door closed with no one in the car should turn off music. The Air seems to keep on playing longer than other cars I've had.

Like @Neurio said, Push the door handle in when you exit and it will initiate a lock sequence and stop the music.

Hopefully this gets fixed. But meanwhile, have you tried “Alexa, rewind one minute”? I do that routinely with podcasts (skip instead of rewind to get past ads).

Hi, @KenAir.

Thank you for sharing. I just dropped you a DM.

New (as in today!) Lucid owner here. Any good resolution to this issue? I like listening to podcasts so would prefer to have it stop as soon as I open the door so that I don't have to rewind when I start up the car again. I was also thinking of pressing pause before I exit the vehicle as a workaround.

Back