Who the Hell Is Going to Buy a Lucid?

What I don't understand is why all reviews make it seem like the Dream Edition is going to be available to anyone who wants to buy one. Every review mentions the $169k price, but most don't mention that there were only 520 made. They never all out the GT at 139k. While it's only a $30k difference, it's a difference that starts to put you in same price range as a lot more high end vehicles as well as the Plaid. Some reviews do mention the limited quantity and all talk about the Pure price, but the real-world top level never really gets mentioned. I think it makes for an unfair characterization of the actual production top end.

This was my issue from the get go. The DE should have been left in its original iteration. Introducing the "range version" complicated this. DE is not a production automobile. I almost get the feeling AGT has been hobbled to make the DE have better range. When cars get taken apart we shall see.

What I don't understand is why all reviews make it seem like the Dream Edition is going to be available to anyone who wants to buy one. Every review mentions the $169k price, but most don't mention that there were only 520 made. They never all out the GT at 139k. While it's only a $30k difference, it's a difference that starts to put you in same price range as a lot more high end vehicles as well as the Plaid. Some reviews do mention the limited quantity and all talk about the Pure price, but the real-world top level never really gets mentioned. I think it makes for an unfair characterization of the actual production top end.

I think sooner or later there will be a version of the DE which is available to everyone. It doesn't make sense for Lucid to develop a 0-60 in 2.4s car and then only sell the version that caps at 3. They need a 2.4s car in their line-up because some people (not me) care about that.

They will likely be releasing the trimotor variant in the next few years. That was the one they were testing at Laguna Seca a year ago, which I believe set a track record until the Plaid came along.

Well there is the guy that made the Lucid GT3 prototype. I'd give my wife the AGT and get that quick!

I think sooner or later there will be a version of the DE which is available to everyone. It doesn't make sense for Lucid to develop a 0-60 in 2.4s car and then only sell the version that caps at 3. They need a 2.4s car in their line-up because some people (not me) care about that.
Right...I get that, but it's not in their lineup now, so currently of the car's the have, the top-end model is limited to 520 and sold out. And I don't mind them talking about that, but they never really mention the price of the mainstream top-end (at this time).

Back