Which one looks better ? With chrome or total black out ?

Grnr92663

Cars
Touring + R1S
We would get our Lucid GT in a few months. Originally we thought we would get the black version w/ 21 wheels - since that is the version we like the most from the studio. However, now that we have seen someone got their Lucid and did a murdered blackout, it looks just as cool, if not cooler.

I borrowed pix from John's car for reference to the original look - which is fantastic & very elegant. But if you're about to get a black Lucid, would you wrap it?

Murdered out to me is ugly. Some of the nicer design features and lines that make it look sleek and stylish are gone. Murdering out and chrome deleting has it's place, but it loses a lot of the elegance.

Murdered out to me is ugly. Some of the nicer design features and lines that make it look sleek and stylish are gone. Murdering out and chrome deleting has it's place, but it loses a lot of the elegance.

Ugh! Turned a beautiful design into a featureless blah. The Lucid is distinctive. Why spend that kind of money to have it look like every other blacked out car.

I kind of like the wheels blacked out, but not the car. I am planning to put a matte wrap on my Quantum Gray car, which I think will make it fairly unique but still retain the aesthetics.

If you black out the wheels, you need to paint the calipers. It needs something to pop, blacked out everything has no pop!

I kind of like the wheels blacked out, but not the car. I am planning to put a matte wrap on my Quantum Gray car, which I think will make it fairly unique but still retain the aesthetics.
Planning the same. Quantum Gray with Xpel Stealth.

I would like to see blacked out except the roof. The mirrors, rims, and lower ground effects look good in black. IMO.

Don't do it Jon! It looks less elegant! You lose a lot of design by just blacking everything out

Original has my vote. Blackout looks cheapened somehow....like it has cheaper steel wheels and takes away from the lines.

Don't do it Jon! It looks less elegant! You lose a lot of design by just blacking everything out
Gonna be tough to keep me from it. Want to do something and the idea of fully wrapping the car and having panels removed to do so gives me anxiety.

It has a good look for sure! I would keep the original look and black out the windows

Last edited:
We would get our Lucid GT in a few months. Originally we thought we would get the black version w/ 21 wheels - since that is the version we like the most from the studio. However, now that we have seen someone got their Lucid and did a murdered blackout, it looks just as cool, if not cooler.

I borrowed pix from John's car for reference to the original look - which is fantastic & very elegant. But if you're about to get a black Lucid, would you wrap it?

I know you said it in the post but it didn't even register that the pic on the left is my car!

I was originally planning on blacking out the silver trim on my white AGT, but only if I can find a really good set of black or bronze aero wheels. The trim being a very nice matte silver makes me consider leaving it as-is.

I was originally planning on blacking out the silver trim on my white AGT, but only if I can find a really good set of black or bronze aero wheels. The trim being a very nice matte silver makes me consider leaving it as-is.
Powder coat your rims =)

Powder coat your rims =)
That is an option as well...would look good on the 21" wheels. Just need to be cautious that they don't get weakened from the heat during the curing process.

Back