Where are the updates!?

AdrenAlain

Cars
Grand Touring
Getting a little nervous that the last time we saw an update was March? I'm hoping things are going well with the dev team.

Getting a little nervous that the last time we saw an update was March? I'm hoping things are going well with the dev team.
There have been five OTA updates since March.

With 2.1.2 apparently on hold and only delivered to a select few, the last update that provided any changes that the user could see was 2.0.66 on May 10th, nearly two months ago. (2.0.68 on May 23rd was behind the scenes changes)

It was pretty exciting when I got my car in December and the updates were coming fast and furious (four that month). While I don't expect that cadence would be needed as the software matures, I hope this schedule isn't the new normal, especially given the number of software-related items this forum has identified and prioritized.

I updated to 2.1.2 last week and one of the issues I have noted is that whenever I start backing the car the 360 degree camera view does not come up on the pilot panel most of the time. I get the spinning wheel equivalent but the 360 degree view doesn't come up even I wait a while. I have been able to get the view working sometimes by changing the drive selector to park and then putting it into reverse again. This is a serious issue and if it's happening to most users who downloaded this then it could be the reason for halting the roll out.

Not trying to throw shade at Lucid but just want to share my experience to see if others have observed this.

I updated to 2.1.2 last week and one of the issues I have noted is that whenever I start backing the car the 360 degree camera view does not come up on the pilot panel most of the time. I get the spinning wheel equivalent but the 360 degree view doesn't come up even I wait a while. I have been able to get the view working sometimes by changing the drive selector to park and then putting it into reverse again. This is a serious issue and if it's happening to most users who downloaded this then it could be the reason for halting the roll out.

Not trying to throw shade at Lucid but just want to share my experience to see if others have observed this.
I haven’t had that issue on 2.1.2. Does the reverse camera come up on the upper panel?

I've encountered minor regressions with 2.1.2

1) with scheduled charging enabled, if I plug in to charge during the "immediate charging" period, it charges as expected, but will continue to charge even when the time has rolled over into the "scheduled charging" period. Additionally, if I click to stop charging from within app, it won't resume when the time goes back into the "immediate charging" period.

2) music pauses and won't resume until i click play. Not sure what triggers this bug, it seemed to occur when navigation speaks and/or I turn on the turn signal, but its not something I can consistently reproduce. Never had this issue before 2.1.2

I haven’t had that issue on 2.1.2. Does the reverse camera come up on the upper panel?
Bobby, After living with it for a week, do you feel like 2.1.2 has lived up to the initial excitement of the release notes?

Bobby, After living with it for a week, do you feel like 2.1.2 has lived up to the initial excitement of the release notes?
For avid users of the native UI, especially navigation, there are some nice new bells and whistles. I use CarPlay 100% of the time so those don’t apply to me.

EDITED: Turning off passive locking leaves the car unlocked, and it leaves everything turned on, like air conditioning, lights, etc. It does turn everything off but leaves the doors unlocked after 8-10 minutes. So, if you are home or in a safe place, just walk away. If you are out and want to lock the car, press the handle. Geofencing would be nice for this!

I do like the “warning only” for lane keeping assist because I find it way too aggressive when it corrects.

I have used the Max AC function several times and I find it works well.

I was excited to use Easy Entry, since two of my other cars have that feature and I find it useful. Unfortunately, the rearward position is not programmable and the seat slides all the way back. I actually find it harder to get in and out of the car when the seat is all the way back on its tracks. The seat knows to return to its programmed position when it senses a tap on the brake pedal. I fear anybody under about 5’5” would not even be able to reach the brake pedal from that rearward position!

The ability to control audio volume for the phone, navigation, and audio separately seems like a welcome addition… But it does not work for CarPlay.

In sum, there are some nice new features in this update. That said, they did not add any of the top requested features (Android Auto, sentry mode, dog mode, upper versus lower screen customization, Homelink menu improvements) and chose not to address the largest and most reported bugs (issues with mobile key, inaccurate miles remaining read out, camera/LIDAR blocked warnings, slow camera boot up).

For avid users of the native UI, especially navigation, there are some nice new bells and whistles. I use CarPlay 100% of the time so those don’t apply to me.

I was really hoping for the passive locking and unlocking feature to be more sophisticated. Turning off passive locking not only leaves the car unlocked, it leaves everything turned on, like air conditioning, lights, etc. I asked Lucid about the usefulness of this particular feature, and I was told it was in case you were actively loading the car requiring several trips and didn’t want it to be locking itself when you walked away. Essentially like leaving a door open. Fair enough, but I was hoping that it would simply turn everything off but leave the doors unlocked. This would be great for me at home since I don’t lock any of my cars in the garage. Geofencing would be nice, too.

I do like the “warning only” for lane keeping assist because I find it way too aggressive when it corrects.

I was excited to use Easy Entry, since two of my other cars have that feature and I find it useful. Unfortunately, the rearward position is not programmable and the seats slides all the way back. I actually find it harder to get in and out of the car when the seat is all the way back on its tracks. The seat knows to return to its programmed position when it senses a tap on the brake pedal. I fear anybody under about 5’5” would not even be able to reach the brake pedal from that rearward position!

The ability to control audio volume for the phone, navigation, and audio separately seems like a welcome addition… But it does not work for CarPlay.

In sum, there are some nice new features in this update. That said, they did not add any of the top requested features (Android Auto, sentry mode, dog mode, upper versus lower screen customization, Homelink menu improvements) and chose not to address the largest and most reported bugs (issues with mobile key, inaccurate miles remaining read out, camera/LIDAR blocked warnings, slow camera boot up).
Damn, your list of things they didn’t address
Are with exception of android auto( I’m a iPhone guy) are the exact list of my pet peeves and wants. Well you can’t get everything at once. So No Christmas in July it appears. Just some nice add ons however.

Just received v 2.0.71, a quick 5 minute update

Attachments

• IMG_1781.jpeg
    IMG_1781.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 98

I was really hoping for the passive locking and unlocking feature to be more sophisticated. Turning off passive locking not only leaves the car unlocked, it leaves everything turned on, like air conditioning, lights, etc. I asked Lucid about the usefulness of this particular feature, and I was told it was in case you were actively loading the car requiring several trips and didn’t want it to be locking itself when you walked away. Essentially like leaving a door open. Fair enough, but I was hoping that it would simply turn everything off but leave the doors unlocked. This would be great for me at home since I don’t lock any of my cars in the garage. Geofencing would be nice, too.

I was excited to use Easy Entry, since two of my other cars have that feature and I find it useful. Unfortunately, the rearward position is not programmable and the seats slides all the way back. I actually find it harder to get in and out of the car when the seat is all the way back on its tracks. The seat knows to return to its programmed position when it senses a tap on the brake pedal. I fear anybody under about 5’5” would not even be able to reach the brake pedal from that rearward position!

I will add that I really like the HA improvement. I find that I do not fight the steering as much when I want the car a little further left or right in the lane. I agree with Bobby on the separate volume controls, I find this to be very nice.

My easy exit may not be working correctly because it only moves the seat back about a half inch and maybe reclines the back about the same amount. This feature may have some bugs that is delaying the overall roll out.

I updated to 2.1.2 last week and one of the issues I have noted is that whenever I start backing the car the 360 degree camera view does not come up on the pilot panel most of the time. I get the spinning wheel equivalent but the 360 degree view doesn't come up even I wait a while...
My car has not updated to 2.1.2 yet, but last week it began having very frequent delay issues with the 360 degree camera view. Never had them before in 9 months of ownership. So the 360-cam delay isn't necessarily tied to the 2.1.2 release.

Update: I did some testing. If passive locking is turned off, you must press the door handle to lock the car. If you do not, everything will stay on in the car will stay open for about 8 to 10 minutes. During that time if somebody jumps in and try to drive away, a PIN will be required.

Update: I did some testing. If passive lucky is turned off, you must press the door handle to lock the car. If you do not, everything will stay on in the car will stay open for about 8 to 10 minutes. During that time if somebody jumps in and try to drive away, a PIN will be required.
Good to know. I thought they had lost their minds for a minute there.

The car should always be looking to see whether there is a "key" in proximity. Whether that be a phone with mobile key or a fob. Even with auto-lock enabled, if you are standing close enough that your doors are open, and someone jumps in and drives away, I believe once the thief gets far enough away that the connection to the phone/fob is lost, the car should light up that error message too many of us have seen all too often, "No key detected". I believe once they stop the car at that point, the car won't drive again without the PIN. It's a sort of software "kill switch".

I suppose it would be easy enough to test that theory, if someone is willing to leave their fob and phone behind and see how far you get.

Good to know. I thought they had lost their minds for a minute there.

The car should always be looking to see whether there is a "key" in proximity. Whether that be a phone with mobile key or a fob. Even with auto-lock enabled, if you are standing close enough that your doors are open, and someone jumps in and drives away, I believe once the thief gets far enough away that the connection to the phone/fob is lost, the car should light up that error message too many of us have seen all too often, "No key detected". I believe once they stop the car at that point, the car won't drive again without the PIN. It's a sort of software "kill switch".

I suppose it would be easy enough to test that theory, if someone is willing to leave their fob and phone behind and see how far you get.
I could do that =)
Just put the fob in a faraday pouch inside the car.

Back