What is your Lucid Air software improvement wish list?

It does accurately display your speed, by exactly your speed minus 2 mph. That is intentional, and nearly every car manufacturer underreports by 1-2 mph for liability reasons. Notable exceptions are Hyundai and Kia, but every other manufacturer does.
Huh. I noticed this. There are a couple of neighborhood radar speed signs and all of them read two mph lower than my car. I thought it was due to me swapping summer / winter tires (they are not exactly the same size, but very close). Good to know this. My car reads 2 mph lower than the speed radar. So now I know how the 0 - 60 thing works... add to my software improvement list : user variable speedometer.

"With Lucid's new proprietary speedometer software you can get zero to sixty in under one second."

As a scientist, deliberately making instruments inaccurate shouldn't bother me, as we question everything anyway.
But it does.

I think it possible to access trunk from the inside through the little seat pass through opening using something long to reach the manual release.

Wait, if they break my window to see what's in my trunk then I'm going to leave it open so they can see there is nothing to take.
20210430_114023.webp

"Nothing to see here."
"What's in your trunk?"
" Rocks. "
20210310_125045.webp

Wait, if they break my window to see what's in my trunk then I'm going to leave it open so they can see there is nothing to take.
That was actually something pretty common in SF area for Teslas. Thieves were breaking the small quarter panel window, reaching in to the manual seat release to pull them down to see if anything was in the trunk (Model 3) or hatch (Model Y/S). I read stories of people putting their seats down and putting a white towel down so it was clear that there was nothing to steal in the back. Now we all know there are more places to hide things in an EV (frunk / sub-trunk), but thieves are looking for something quick. This is why I'm glad that the Air only allows back seat release from the trunk.

Back