What is QUALITY Control doing for Lucid

Mac

Cars
Air Touring
For a company to tell how much they stress QUALITY Control it seems a lot of new owners are telling us about many issues. I hope they get their act together soon before I get my car. Please tell us the truth !!!

I’m curious what you are looking for. There seems to be very limited issues both hardware wise and fit and finish. The issues all seem to be software, which are fixed via OTAs and will continue improving. They have contacted any people who need the current recall, I don’t seem what Lucid needs to be telling you right now?

The screen issues, computer module, frunk latches, recalls and anything else that has required a Service Center visit are high level concerns for me. Software issues are down the list as long as it appears they are making progress and allocating resources to fix them.

The screen issues, computer module, frunk latches, recalls and anything else that has required a Service Center visit are high level concerns for me. Software issues are down the list as long as it appears they are making progress and allocating resources to fix them.
It appears the screen issues are also related to software, some folks have had their CCV modules replaced and it hasn’t fixed it. Some have seen degradation after certain software updates, just appears to be software related. Overheating chips during software updates have happened, which is obviously hardware but is being replaced expeditiously. I have only seen a couple cases of the frunk latches (could be more but it’s all I’ve read about here). I’ve yet to purchase a car that hasn’t had to go in for service, and unfortunately it’s expected with a brand new companies first vehicle. I do hope some wrinkles are gone once production through GTs ramp or the limited service centers will struggle to keep up. Again, I don’t see what a statement from Lucid will do at this time as they are working through it all on the fly.
I don’t have my car yet, obviously, but the gist of what I’m seeing is just lackluster software at this time.

It is a beautiful car. It looks impressive on the outside and inside, but the brain of the car is the software. In my opinion, software will be even more important in differentiating this car. And the lack of some basic functions and quality flaws right out of the gate hurts clients' experiences. I hope it matures rapidly. And I hope my GT software will be significantly better.

It is a beautiful car. It looks impressive on the outside and inside, but the brain of the car is the software. In my opinion, software will be even more important in differentiating this car. And the lack of some basic functions and quality flaws right out of the gate hurts clients' experiences. I hope it matures rapidly. And I hope my GT software will be significantly better.
Curious what you mean by basic functions?

For a company to tell how much they stress QUALITY Control it seems a lot of new owners are telling us about many issues. I hope they get their act together soon before I get my car. Please tell us the truth !!!
Thanks thanks for your email about the above, however your explanation that the issues are all

Thanks for all your comments however I have not seen any update on issues from the company. Also many of other car manufacturers have had reviews from outside sources & Lucid still remains quite. If it would not be for Lucid owners web site. Little is known

Thanks for all your comments however I have not seen any update on issues from the company. Also many of other car manufacturers have had reviews from outside sources & Lucid still remains quite. If it would not be for Lucid owners web site. Little is known
Would you rather the company issue a blanket PR statement, or fix the issues you’re concerned about? Unfortunately this seems like regurgitated information. Their time, and energy are better served fixing any issues the car has (as stated numerous times, 98% software related) than to comfort a potential buyer at this time.

As corporate veteran @CLTGT has stated a number of times here, Lucid isn't exactly world-class at PR and has chosen a relatively silent approach. So uninformed commentators are controlling the narrative and often assuming the worst.

Also many of other car manufacturers have had reviews from outside sources & Lucid still remains quite. If it would not be for Lucid owners web site. Little is known

That's an interesting observation. Other manufacturers have had their cars reviewed by outside sources but not Lucid? I realize it's hard to prove a negative, but are you sure about that?

I'm confused by this. Since when do car companies issue PR about things like frunk latches or chip problems or screen issues? I mean, yea if it were a widespread issue but it's not? What kind of PR are you expecting them to release about issues with cars?

Back