Well, that was weird . . .

Yes, I am a reservation holder, but I just joined today and only found out about this forum because it was mentioned on Electrek due to the SUV pictures.
Same here. Reservation holder in SWFL, hoping the design studio is not too far away!

We also have a reservation for the R1S, and are anxiously awaiting to see the Audi E-Tron GT and what Tesla will do with the S. The only concern I have on the Air is if it’s too expensive, I’ll be torn as to whether I should just get the Roadster.

Welcome, BlindPass. You're now at a least the third forum member from SWFL. Hawk and I are in Naples.

The two initial Florida Design Studios are going to be on the east coast -- Brickell City Centre in Miami and Rosemary Square in West Palm Beach. They're supposed to open in late December unless Covid-19 has delayed things since I've last heard. There's also going to be a full service center near one of the studios, but no decision has been announced yet. My totally uninformed guess is Miami.

I, too, have a reservation on a Rivian R1S. At this point, though, if the Lucid Air turns out to be reliable, I may also get their SUV in early 2023, especially since the R1S is delayed at least until next August.

I have a 2015 Tesla Model S P90D. It's a great car that turned me into an EV addict, and I'm probably going to pass it along in the family when the Air arrives. However, the sparse interior storage and the cramped rear quarters for adults have worn on me, and it has become a personal driver for all intents and purposes. I've test driven a Model X twice and was disappointed. Things such as no door pockets and the lack of rear seat fold-down center armrests just seem inexcusable to me in vehicles that can cost $110-130k. Tesla may be able to spiffy up the interior of the Model S a bit, but it's not going to resolve the cramped rear seats or the subpar torsional rigidity without a complete redesign of the body shell. It's not clear whether the upcoming Palladium version is going to be a "refresh" or a redesign, but I somehow doubt it's going to be a complete overhaul considering how many other irons Tesla has in the fire right now. Just another uninformed guess, though.

Back