Well...I went in a different direction but I will keep my deposit for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genesis is planet forbidden!

View attachment 7236
King of 16-bits!

0133B698-F456-4575-B6B5-6BCECF44307A.jpeg

Umm, their premium luxury lines. What is Hyundai's premium/luxury line? Their ICE cars are garbage and folks are putting money on their EV's? Not for me.
No snobbery here. :rolleyes:

I might add my wife has one of those 'damn Hyundais', a 21 Sonata Hybrid. The 'damn thing' gets 50mpg in the nice weather and low 40s in the cold. 18,000 miles on the 'damn thing' and not a single problem. We test drove an EV6 and it was an absolutely terrific EV. Nearly bought one.

Some of the predispositions that people still have, usually based on ancient data or experiences, just amazes me.

No snobbery here. :rolleyes:

I might add my wife has one of those 'damn Hyundais', a 21 Sonata Hybrid. The 'damn thing' gets 50mpg in the nice weather and low 40s in the cold. 18,000 miles on the 'damn thing' and not a single problem. We test drove an EV6 and it was an absolutely terrific EV. Nearly bought one.

Some of the predispositions that people still have, usually based on ancient data or experiences, just amazes me.
I was ready to buy ioniq 5 Limited MSRP 53k 300 mile range RWD but very few built and premium was 6k. Because I was driving my FWD minivan in snow at Tahoe, Yosemite I thought AWD ioniq 5 MSRP 57k 256 miles was acceptable but the premium was 8k making it 65k. Then came Fisker Ocean Extreme 69k 350miles AWD solar roof etc. So, I opted for the 'damn Fisker' because I really do not need 7 passenger Gravity or the energy hog R1S.

No thanks. It's a damn Hyundai!
As a proud Hyundai/Genesis owner, their warranty is unmatched in comparison to other manufacturers. The 10 year or 100k warranty has saved me a bunch, and you have to have guts to offer that. Especially in a day and age when 3 years is the norm for most vehicles.

As a proud Hyundai/Genesis owner, their warranty is unmatched in comparison to other manufacturers. The 10 year or 100k warranty has saved me a bunch, and you have to have guts to offer that. Especially in a day and age when 3 years is the norm for most vehicles.
Especially when the standard battery pack warranty for BEVs is 8 year/100K miles but the Hyundai/Kia/Genesis warranty is 10 years/100K miles. 25% more warranty time on a battery pack is potentially significant.

Umm, their premium luxury lines. What is Hyundai's premium/luxury line? Their ICE cars are garbage and folks are putting money on their EV's? Not for me.
Their premium line is Genesis. And I can tell you the GV80 is awesome! IT id very luxurious and drives like a dream.

No word from Lucid regardig the timing of our Touring reservation confirmation yet, and we are getting to the point where our 2010 Audi A4 will start to fall apart soon, (or we need to put a whole bunch more money to replace part), so I just checked with a Genesis dealer for delivery on a new EV60 in Toronto, Canada. They can arrange for a test drive at our house next week, but for delivery, the sales guy very smoothly told me it's about two years.....!!!!!🤣

No word from Lucid regardig the timing of our Touring reservation confirmation yet, and we are getting to the point where our 2010 Audi A4 will start to fall apart soon, (or we need to put a whole bunch more money to replace part), so I just checked with a Genesis dealer for delivery on a new EV60 in Toronto, Canada. They can arrange for a test drive at our house next week, but for delivery, the sales guy very smoothly told me it's about two years.....!!!!!🤣

Ouch. Ask your sales guy to check around with other Genesis dealers. Maybe there is one that has a cancelled order.

I forgot some Lucid owners have been waiting/had waited around that much time for a Lucid. (I myself have been waiting almost a year.)
It's just the Genesis sales guy said it so nonchalantly, like it's always been like this, that people wait years for a new car. I burst out laughing when said it.

Congrats!

I have had mine for a few months now, and I love it!

I had to drive to New Jersey (from central VA) to get it, and there was no negotiation. But it was MSRP - no markup. The trade-in value for my FX-37 was pretty good. Higher than I was expecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back