Warranty expiring in November

"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" said the sign above Dante's Auto Shop

Hope is not a strategy that will repair the reputation damage Lucid is generating.

I’m not the one that has to improve service wait times so I can authentically hope that said times improve.

Lucid however should implement a strategy that involves more than hope. Lucid has stated awareness of the problem and intent to correct it. Only time will tell if their POA is effective and well executed.
 
I waited 3 months for a service appointment and it took a month to service my car so yeah no it’s not fast. Hopefully in a few months the service situation will improve.

It's now a very different service world from early days at Lucid. We got our first Lucid in December 2021, and I was astonished at the promptness of getting parts and service. The mobile tech network, in particular, was phenomenal . . . much like Tesla's was when I bought our first Tesla in 2015.

It's a different story now. We just had to replace an LED door strip in one of the Gravities, and it took weeks for our mobile tech to get the part after he ordered it. I've also decided to put the new computer chip in our 2022 Air. It's going to take 3 weeks to get it.

Our mobile tech said that, since we own three Lucids and the massage function failed so soon out of warranty, he'd inquire if they would do a goodwill replacement at no charge. Later that same day the $6,607 estimate arrived. (While the goodwill repair would have been really nice from a customer perspective, as a shareholder who wants to see Lucid stick around, I'm fine with the denial but also grateful that the mobile tech even tried. I fully understand that Lucid has to reign in service and warranty costs as much as possible.)

I had hoped that Lucid service would continue as it began. But, having seen Tesla service become slower, less responsive, and more faceless once the Model 3 came out, I sort of figured I might see something similar with Lucid as sales grew. It's a disappointment, but not a surprise.

At the end of the day, I still find that, with the mobile network part of the picture, getting a Lucid serviced is a fair trade for getting our ICE cars serviced. There were always local dealers, of course. But you had to get an appointment (which didn't always come fast), take the car in, deal with a loaner, and then get back to the shop when it was over. A good portion of our Lucid service work has been done at our house.
 
I’ve not had any disappointments regarding service scheduling. Called for cccv2 and a major service 24k miles. He said well what about next week? So later this week I’m getting service. Much better than previous
YMMV
 
It's now a very different service world from early days at Lucid. We got our first Lucid in December 2021, and I was astonished at the promptness of getting parts and service. The mobile tech network, in particular, was phenomenal . . . much like Tesla's was when I bought our first Tesla in 2015.

It's a different story now. We just had to replace an LED door strip in one of the Gravities, and it took weeks for our mobile tech to get the part after he ordered it. I've also decided to put the new computer chip in our 2022 Air. It's going to take 3 weeks...

I had hoped that Lucid service would continue as it began. It's a disappointment, but not a surprise.
Very! Sadly, the word HOPE appears in EVERY delayed repair post. I have gone from hope to prayer. Should be just as non-helpful. It was great three years ago. Doesn't Lucid realize the brand damage from owners telling others to stay away.
 
I’ve not had any disappointments regarding service scheduling. Called for cccv2 and a major service 24k miles. He said well what about next week? So later this week I’m getting service. Much better than previous
YMMV
Location location location.
 
Location location location.
? Rural Wisconsin? Nah the mobile tech has to come from the western suburbs of Minneapolis/St Paul MN
I do try and give him a heads up before anything critical and he tells me when to be concerned.
We had a nice chat when I first met him during the handoff from a Ford dealer. So far we’ve managed to get a good flow. But yes this is a me and him which is not scalable.
I get your point.
 
? Rural Wisconsin? Nah the mobile tech has to come from the western suburbs of Minneapolis/St Paul MN
I do try and give him a heads up before anything critical and he tells me when to be concerned.
We had a nice chat when I first met him during the handoff from a Ford dealer. So far we’ve managed to get a good flow. But yes this is a me and him which is not scalable.
I get your point.
Amazing story. Thanks for sharing. I had incorrectly assumed you were in Socal or Chicagoland or Gotham.
 
Back
Top