Waiting patiently in Portland...

pdx

Cars
Lucid Grand Touring
Joined today to try to suss out what the chances are of rec'ving my car next quarter... patiently waiting (and seems I am solo here for now!)

When did you reserve / confirm?

26 May 2021
I imagine you confirmed your order around November 30th? There are a lot of variables, but if you ordered Red, White, or Black with an interior of Tahoe or Mojave, there seems to be a higher chance of getting a VIN and delivery within Q2.

Joined today to try to suss out what the chances are of rec'ving my car next quarter... patiently waiting (and seems I am solo here for now!)
What color did you order and what confirmation date on your reservation?

I have not been asked to confirm my order (did I miss something?) - I ordered white, with Mojave interior, I also selected a wheel that is noted not to be available until Q2.

I would say temper your expectations, because it's a Touring, I'd honestly expect it H2 this year. I hope I'm wrong though!

I would say temper your expectations, because it's a Touring, I'd honestly expect it H2 this year. I hope I'm wrong though!
Fair enough - I appreciate everyone's insight and input!

According his profile, it's a Grand Touring.

@pdx Can you confirm which trim you reserved?

Seattle area, VIN April 27, Red, Mohave, 19”.
Victoria my contact with standard response: “Two to Six weeks”. Six weeks up this Wednesday and have been unable to get any further projections.

• Hmm
Reactions: DJL
Victoria my contact with standard response: “Two to Six weeks”. Six weeks up this Wednesday and have been unable to get any further projections.
I’m in my 7th month post confirmation and my 7th week post VIN and no communication as to when it will actually leave the factory

Darn nothing about your spec has any obvious delays, so I guess you were caught in the PDI delay phase :(

I imagine you confirmed your order around November 30th? There are a lot of variables, but if you ordered Red, White, or Black with an interior of Tahoe or Mojave, there seems to be a higher chance of getting a VIN and delivery within Q2.
Hello PDX
Another 'holding pattern' from PDX (recently moved to Camas/Washougal actually) here as well.

Here are my details:
11th Sept 2020 : Original Order (when they opened for registrations eons back)
17th Nov 2021: Ready to Order invite
2nd Jun 2022: Order placed

Lucid Air Grand Touring
Cosmos Silver
21" Aero Blade
Tahoe

FWIW, I told my DA I can work with:
White & Taupe as well. Any combination.

Cheers
Magesh

Hello PDX
Another 'holding pattern' from PDX (recently moved to Camas/Washougal actually) here as well.

Here are my details:

Lucid Air Grand Touring
Cosmos Silver
21" Aero Blade
Tahoe

Cheers
Magesh

I am also a Portlander who originally had a cosmos Silver on order, but accepted a cancellation Red/Tahoe and had it delivered on 4/27/22. Great driving car. Niggling software details.

Hello PDX

Here are my details:

Lucid Air Grand Touring
Cosmos Silver
21" Aero Blade
Tahoe

Cheers
Magesh

Thanks, I've added your details to our tracker.

Hello PDX

Here are my details:

Lucid Air Grand Touring
Cosmos Silver
21" Aero Blade
Tahoe

Cheers
Magesh
Just curious. Why did you wait almost 7 months from the invite to finally place the order?

Just curious. Why did you wait almost 7 months from the invite to finally place the order?
Several reasons ... in no specific order ... indecisiveness, QC, installed tech (Dreamdrive) capabilities, availability of a service center, hold times if something goes wrong, preferred color choices, ... and wife was not super happy about the rear trunk design ... (as a reference we own a MS & our first MS was plagued by several issues. Even now, I don't have FSD beta, after paying for it several years back. Unsure if Lucid will follow the same playbook).

Back