Off-Topic Volvo EX90 EV - SUV w/Lidar - teaser video

Regarding the rising popularity of XPeng in Europe, does their new SUV look like Lucid and Volvo just made a new baby?

I’m sure Gravity will beat this G9 interior right? It has to. I’m looking forward to Gravity!

I’m sure Gravity will beat this G9 interior right? It has to. I’m looking forward to Gravity!
I'm sure the Gravity interior will be on par w/ the Air GT (= far superior to the Xpeng G9)

I'm sure the Gravity interior will be on par w/ the Air GT (= far superior to the Xpeng G9)
Better beat this Coefficient Drag…

Apparently revealed yesterday. Not sure if it is any indication (i.e. whether or not they've issued sequential order numbers starting at 1), but my order no. is in the low 11 thousands.

Apparently revealed yesterday. Not sure if it is any indication (i.e. whether or not they've issued sequential order numbers starting at 1), but my order no. is in the low 11 thousands.
FWIW, I made the reservation 1 day before you and my order# was close to 8K. So in 1 day, Volvo may have added 3K reservations if their ordering system is linearly incremental.

FWIW, I made the reservation 1 day before you and my order# was close to 8K. So in 1 day, Volvo may have added 3K reservations if their ordering system is linearly incremental.
I reserved at 730 am PST Wednesday morning (so 30 minutes after the webcast ended) and my order number is nearly 8000. I can't imagine they had almost 8k reservations in the US in such a short time frame, but who knows?

I reserved at 730 am PST Wednesday morning (so 30 minutes after the webcast ended) and my order number is nearly 8000. I can't imagine they had almost 8k reservations in the US in such a short time frame, but who knows?
My order was placed exactly 7:58 am PST and your number and mine are essentially the same.
How they assigned these order numbers is probable another Volvo trade secret.

I can say my small local Volvo dealer did call me later Wednesday morning and said they already had 6 reservations (plus one they bought as a show car), so maybe it was that popular?

I can say my small local Volvo dealer did call me later Wednesday morning and said they already had 6 reservations (plus one they bought as a show car), so maybe it was that popular?
Yep, they called me that morning, too.
Not expecting a call from dealership that quickly, I thought it was spam call and didn't answer.
Too early to have any meaningful conversation, anyway.

Many companies want to keep confidential their reservation or production numbers, so do not assign numbers sequentially. Just like the last 5 digits of a Lucid VIN do not mean anything, it's likely that the Volvo reservation numbers don't either. Back in my days of doing web programming for some big corporations, it was common to assign a sequential record ID for use within the database that was never shown publicly, and and randomly-generated number that was the public handle on that record.

Pricing just released. This will be the biggest competitor to the Gravity in my opinion.

It won't have the same range, and lacks a large front trunk, but will be on par in terms of Luxury and general tech. It came in cheaper than I expected. They also tend to have nice lease terms, which will make it attractive.

1701360570269.png

Pricing just released. This will be the biggest competitor to the Gravity in my opinion.

It won't have the same range, and lacks a large front trunk, but will be on par in terms of Luxury and general tech. It came in cheaper than I expected. They also tend to have nice lease terms, which will make it attractive.

View attachment 16741
Thats more than I thought actually... just get an EV9 or Gravity, imo.

View attachment 16741
Yea seeing these specs, why would you get this over a Gravity. Lower range, lower hp,less space. Besides being a Volvo...

Depends on the final Gravity specs. Tough to do a direct comparison yet. For many it will be the dealer network versus Lucid however.

Compared to the EV9 it has soft close doors, better sound system, air suspension, better seats, a little more range, and Lidar for potentially better ADAS.

At least the Volvo will have native Google maps, Waze, and YouTube without the need for using (or buying) an iPhone.

Volvo>Kia

My wife wants the EX90 over the Gravity because she doesn't want a ton of storage space, just enough to fit our doberman in the rear. Also, we have a Volvo dealer 20 minutes away instead of the 3+ hours that it teaches to get to Beverly Hills, so service isn't as much a concern, which is important when having to deal with a preschooler.

That being, said I'm still probably getting a Gravity to add to my Air just because I want one 😁

Back