• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Video streaming?

If they add it, so be it. I used the feature a total of two times in my Tesla. Wasn't worth the clunky, slow browsing interface, to be honest.

Personally, I'd much rather they focus on driving features and leave the entertainment to my phone or iPad. But I get why others may want this.
I think the way Lucid sets itself apart from tesla is being a driver’s car, focusing on drive quality, range and performance. I’m not too keen on the car driving me around automatically so I can watch movies on the center screen. There is definitely a market for that among Tesla drivers. I think Lucid caters to a slightly different group of customers?

Given Lucid UX is basically an Android tablet, it's 100%/"easily" possible to bring on YouTube or even HBO, Disney+, etc.

Polestar 2 OTA update 2.10 version just happened and it has native YouTube and Apple CarPlay map can also be projected on dashboard in addition to the CarPlay on infotainment. I’m sure Lucid can do this too, just down the road and some patience to that day.

Agreed. Tesla build quality is crap. My Air is so much nicer inside. The X on the other hand has stitching that is falling apart. But will have to disagree with the screens and ability to watch YouTube and Netflix. That was the best feature ever. And it’s something everyone in our family looks forward to when driving long distances or waiting in parking lots. It’s quite disappointing there’s none of that in an air. Wish it could be at least an option and those who don’t like it, can just turn it off. And screens are a must. Our range has them and it certainly makes the car standout.

Agreed. Tesla build quality is crap. My Air is so much nicer inside. The X on the other hand has stitching that is falling apart. But will have to disagree with the screens and ability to watch YouTube and Netflix. That was the best feature ever. And it’s something everyone in our family looks forward to when driving long distances or waiting in parking lots. It’s quite disappointing there’s none of that in an air. Wish it could be at least an option and those who don’t like it, can just turn it off. And screens are a must. Our range has them and it certainly makes the car standout.
Can you just not use a tablet for this?

Can you just not use a tablet for this?
I’ll admit, before my X, I thought it was an unnecessary and useless feature. especially in our range, I thought rear entertainment was an incredible costly waste. Features are completely absent. But once you’ve had a fully featured entertainment system, it will become something you and your family can’t live without. Sadly, Nobody in our family is ever excited to ride in the Pure anymore. If I had two wishes, pure with a solid entertainment system. Or a model X with a lucid interior and overall build quality. I was hoping gravity would be the answer.

I’ll admit, before my X, I thought it was an unnecessary and useless feature. especially in our range, I thought rear entertainment was an incredible costly waste. Features are completely absent. But once you’ve had a fully featured entertainment system, it will become something you and your family can’t live without. Sadly, Nobody in our family is ever excited to ride in the Pure anymore. If I had two wishes, pure with a solid entertainment system. Or a model X with a lucid interior and overall build quality. I was hoping gravity would be the answer.
Fair enough, I just give my kids their own tablets when we road trip in the Air and it works perfect so I can listen to my own stuff instead of what they are watching. Different strokes for different folks. Bring on the options!

Fair enough, I just give my kids their own tablets when we road trip in the Air and it works perfect so I can listen to my own stuff instead of what they are watching. Different strokes for different folks. Bring on the options!
I would literally go to my garage and sit in my car to watch a movie if Dolby Atmos movie streaming was possible. The car feels like a sound studio!

I would literally go to my garage and sit in my car to watch a movie if Dolby Atmos movie streaming was possible. The car feels like a sound studio!
Some of us like watching movies with family members talking through the whole thing...🤣

great point. there are certainly days I hate listening to Youtube shorts and SpongeBob screaming. If they only allowed us to watch Netflix while we were driving :)

Back