UX 3.0 Update

There used to be icons on the left side for home, media, etc. They have now extended CarPlay to take up the full possible width, so those icons are gone.
Right! And they need to put those on the diagonal right part of the screen, like they had originally many years ago. That goes for all the other apps too, so they can have more space on the left.
 
WOW! I just installed the update and applause all around for the new software team! Nothing is perfect, but this is a huge leap forward. Audio quality - much more bass. Being able to have Nav on he bottom screen and music on the top, wonderful, as it should always have been. The iPhone lock and unlock is working perfectly - I hope that continues. The car "remembers" me and what I was doing, resumes with the same song. It seems like they fixed a lot of the issues that drove me crazy. I have not figured out how to keep it from locking in my garage yet but I'm hoping that's in there somewhere.

My one question - how do you get out of Carplay and go back to the native Lucid interface up top? With the old software, if you pressed the Lucid Nav button, it would take you out of carplay. I am guessing there's a button I'm overlooking?
Pressing the Apple Carplay icon on the top row.
 
Pressing the Apple Carplay icon on the top row.
There is also a Lucid app on CarPlay, but unless you have it on your first screen, it’s probably not worth doing. The top row is the quickest.
 
Looks like you took the picture simulating your face 6" from the steering wheel😉. Here is what it really looks like to me from my seating position. And I would prefer that all the apps would use the entire screen (I cropped sections not relevant):
View attachment 41588
I was emulating what I actually see, not taking a photo to try and exaggerate it. That much really is cut off from my seating position. How tall are you? I’m 5’9”
 
Right! And they need to put those on the diagonal right part of the screen, like they had originally many years ago. That goes for all the other apps too, so they can have more space on the left.
They were hard to reach on the right, even for me; but I agree that was better. There were many complaints though, I assume from people with shorter arms than me. :)
 
I was emulating what I actually see, not taking a photo to try and exaggerate it. That much really is cut off from my seating position. How tall are you? I’m 5’9”
I was 5’10 ½" in my youth. But 5’10"or less now. So not much different from you. I do have long arms.

My main adjustment in cars is that I like to first adjust the seat back and forth until my foot touches the dead pedal. That makes driving more comfortable for long distances and sets up all the other parameters. I adjust the steering wheel and seat back so that my wrist touches the top parts of the wheel. On the Lucid Air, I also adjust the steering wheel down enough so that the face sensor can see my face, at the expense of cutting off the top of the center display. I might also play with the seat height a bit, but that of course changes all the other parameters and we have to go through the whole rigmarole. With those settings, I get the image that I showed above.

Of course, there’s thigh support, seat width and headrest position, but those don’t affect the blockage of the right pilot panel.
 
They were hard to reach on the right, even for me; but I agree that was better. There were many complaints though, I assume from people with shorter arms than me. :)
Well, I can’t just reach them without slightly overextending my arm and rocking forward a little. But that for me is acceptable because I don’t touch those items that often versus the display, which is always in my face.
 
Looks like you took the picture simulating your face 6" from the steering wheel😉. Here is what it really looks like to me from my seating position. And I would prefer that all the apps would use the entire screen (I cropped sections not relevant):
View attachment 41588
His photo was of CarPlay. It's very far to the left. I think you are showing the build in Lucid Nav?
 
Back
Top