USNews compares Lucid Air to Tesla Model S

You're stretching now...that doesn't affect quarter mile traps in any case, it does affect 0-60, but to the inverse of your point, car and driver does 1ft rollout, these personal results do not use 1 foot rollout, so car and driver would probably say it's even faster than this. Either way, the results are significant and consistent that it's indisputable that a model S LR IS faster.
Good point. Just saying that to me, the pure was faster. Maybe in the real world it isnt so and thats just because of tuning?

Also related to this topic, do the pure and touring have less than a 168(gt) mph top speed?

do the pure and touring have less than a 168(gt) mph top speed?

1703008333153.png

Fully understood
Base vs base
Base vs. Base is better than press car vs. press car no matter how configured. But some companies put a lot more (or a lot less) into a base car than others. For example, I will read a review that will be generally positive on a vehicle but complaint about the handling and note that the tires were crappy A/S compared to the summer tires on the competitor. Porsche offers a thousand options.

Personally, I make a mental correction to these kinds of reviews (e.g., how would the car have done with Pirelli P Zeros instead).

Unfortunately, no system is perfect.

I guess you could argue the Hatchback gives you more effective space than the Air, but the Air fits more crap than I can find to put in it lol; it's definitely the most spacious car I've owned in this body style. That said, I will admit the sedan design requires you to be a bit more creative with how you position things, and some things that are too tall are just too tall.
I have to give cargo space to the model s unfortunately.

I was actually able to properly fit furniture in it when I had one.

It’s really hard to compete on space with a hatchback — because it’s not just about cubic footage. It’s also about practical use and restrictions.

...It’s really hard to compete on space with a hatchback — because it’s not just about cubic footage. It’s also about practical use and restrictions.
The tradeoff is body/chassis structural stiffness and hence compromised suspension design. Darn physics anyway.

It’s really hard to compete on space with a hatchback — because it’s not just about cubic footage. It’s also about practical use and restrictions.

This is absolutely true. I had a Mazda 6 about 15 years ago and while it wasn't as luxurious or quite as much fun to drive as the Audis I had afterwards and the Lucid now (it was still a lot of fun with the V6 engine), I could fit sooooo much stuff into that stealth-hatchback!

This is absolutely true. I had a Mazda 6 about 15 years ago and while it wasn't as luxurious or quite as much fun to drive as the Audis I had afterwards and the Lucid now (it was still a lot of fun with the V6 engine), I could fit sooooo much stuff into that stealth-hatchback!
I played golf once with a contractor who had a Prius and he told me that he could put down the rear seat and fit all kinds of stuff into that hatch.

Back