Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Dream P
DE Number
Referral Code
R0YBCKIJ
ready-for-road-chart.png

Just learned from Peter interview today that both Touring and Pure will have more miles on a single charge as well as more HP for the Pure with dual motors than what announced before.

I was not looking for more horse power in Pure. It is surprising to note that Pure AWD is 480 and Touring AWD is 620. We all thought that they have the same battery and same motors.
410 was more than 406 for Pure in the range and 425 for T vs 406 we thought. So this means that either the battery in Touring is bigger or they use software to differentiate between the two.

I wonder if in future a software upgrade would be an option for Pure if the battery size is the same. I personally would not care even if 0 to 60 is 4 sec for Pure, My tendency is to accelerate gradually even if I am alone in the car.

Did you notice that they mention the December 22 delivery for Pure? It is Nov 15 and I am waiting for AWD and I am not yet invited to finalize my order.

It seems both the Pure and Touring will have 92 KWH battery pack as per the numbers...
I wonder if Pure RWD will beat Touring' range

This is why we need a Delivery Tracker thread for Pure reservations :(
I hear you. I still think that the delivery tracker is only relevant once they actually start inviting people to finalize the order and track only until the first RWD Pure delivery at best and stop.

Finally. Wish Touring had hit the predicted 3.2 zero-sixty, but who am I kidding? 3.4 will still be the fastest I’ve ever owned.

This chart is somewhat odd to me as a comparison tool:

1. They show the Touring range based on the 19" wheels, vs. the 20" that comes standard - so what would the range be with the 20's? They show the range of the other tire sizes for the other models but not Touring

2. They show Touring charging to 200 miles in 15 mins, but show the GT & Perf times as 300 miles at 22 mins - So what would the Touring charge level be at after 22 mins for comparison?

Finally. Wish Touring had hit the predicted 3.2 zero-sixty, but who am I kidding? 3.4 will still be the fastest I’ve ever owned.
And on an actual street you'll drive on, I strongly doubt you'd be able to tell the difference without specialized timing equipment. I'll be very happy with 3.4.

It seems both the Pure and Touring will have 92 KWH battery pack as per the numbers...
I wonder if Pure RWD will beat Touring' range
DId you notice 480HP Pure AWD and 620HP T AWD? I wonder if it s a typo and Pure RWD is 480HP.. If the batteyr is same in both,, I expected the same HP and range in both.

I hear you. I still think that the delivery tracker is only relevant once they actually start inviting people to finalize the order and track only until the first RWD Pure delivery at best and stop.
They probably already did started inviting early Pure reservations, but we wouldn't know. Because we don't have a delivery tracker ahaha
Also, GT and Touring delivery trackers were started months before invitations were sent

1. They show the Touring range based on the 19" wheels, vs. the 20" that comes standard - so what would the range be with the 20's? They show the range of the other tire sizes for the other models but not Touring

2. They show Touring charging to 200 miles in 15 mins, but show the GT & Perf times as 300 miles at 22 mins - So what would the Touring charge level be at after 22 mins for comparison?
Just a guess because I haven't done the math yet but the numbers for charging times to reach specific mileage is probably based on the different charging rates for the different batteries (and overall mileage ranges) of the vehicles. So, they probably tried to come up with round-ish numbers for each vehicle and that's what the marketing team thought would have the most impact. Just a guess

I wonder why the Pure AWD has less efficiency than the Touring AWD? Especially since they have the same battery composition?
Metal roof? I honestly don’t know.

Could it be like computer chips, where some chips from an identical run can handle being driven at higher clock speeds, and thus are put in higher-priced machines? Maybe there is some natural variance in motor efficiency, and Lucid is putting the best motors in the higher trims?

That’s completely out of my but. Just can’t think of another good reason.

It would be the same as the GT model.

It would be the same as the GT model.
No it wouldn’t. The first 100 miles takes the least amount of time, the second a little longer as the charge rate goes down as the SOC goes up so the third 100 will be quite a bit slower than the first as the car will be closing in on 75% SOC. On the GT, that third 100 is bringing the SOC to 60%. The GT gets to 208 miles in 12 minutes according to InsideEVs test. The gap will be larger for the third 100.

Last edited:
No it wouldn’t. The first 100 miles takes the least amount of time, the second a little longer as the charge rate goes down as the SOC goes up so the third 100 will be quite a bit slower than the first as the car will be closing in on 75% SOC. On the GT, that third 100 is bringing the SOC to 60%. The GT gets to 208 miles in 12 minutes according to InsideEVs test. The gap will be larger for the third 100.
I think there’s a voltage difference between the T and GT. With fewer packs, the T might be 600v, so is more limited in charging speed if the cable is amp limited.

"The GT gets to 208 miles in 12 minutes according to InsideEVs test." On a good day, the right weather, the car pre-conditioned, and you find a 350KW charger and it actually works. Now what are your odds of that happening?

Back