Unusual pick-up discount exclusion

GratefulMed

Reaction score
I'm ready to buy a 2024 Pure and have been dealing with a salesman through the Lucid contact phone number. Have already put the $500 deposit down and just finalizing the lease deal with the current Sept 2024 promotions, including the $5000 pick up discount. Today, I was told by my salesman that the discount no longer applies to KY residents picking up a car in Chicago. He also told me it did not apply to picking up a car in Atlanta. This is after finalizing the details last week with no suggestion that it would not apply to me. - that "rules" had changed over the past 5 days He told me it was new "registration regulations". But the discount would apply to me if I was from Kansas. Does this make sense to anyone? Do Lucid phone salespeople work on commission and might this be a bait and switch thinking he has another buyer who would pay $5000 more to get it delivered? I fully expect dirty dealings when buying at a dealership but assumed Lucid and it's no haggling pricing would be beyond that.

I'm ready to buy a 2024 Pure and have been dealing with a salesman through the Lucid contact phone number. Have already put the $500 deposit down and just finalizing the lease deal with the current Sept 2024 promotions, including the $5000 pick up discount. Today, I was told by my salesman that the discount no longer applies to KY residents picking up a car in Chicago. He also told me it did not apply to picking up a car in Atlanta. This is after finalizing the details last week with no suggestion that it would not apply to me. - that "rules" had changed over the past 5 days He told me it was new "registration regulations". But the discount would apply to me if I was from Kansas. Does this make sense to anyone? Do Lucid phone salespeople work on commission and might this be a bait and switch thinking he has another buyer who would pay $5000 more to get it delivered? I fully expect dirty dealings when buying at a dealership but assumed Lucid and it's no haggling pricing would be beyond that.

Lucid sales people are employees and they don’t work on commission. My experience with them has been great. I know there is a general shortage of 2024 Pures based on the experience of few friends trying to buy currently. Is this an internal Lucid policy change or an actual state law thing? I think you should ask them to clearly explain. Is there a way to call the toll free number and get another sales associate to validate?

So, as of this morning, I see that they’ve changed the pick up discount specifically state “A $5,000 bonus offer is available for vehicles available on-site at your local studio at the time of order.” No longer appears to apply to picking up an in stock car at another studio. And apparently doesn’t apply at all to those of us from states that do not have any studio.

So, as of this morning, I see that they’ve changed the pick up discount specifically state “A $5,000 bonus offer is available for vehicles available on-site at your local studio at the time of order.” No longer appears to apply to picking up an in stock car at another studio. And apparently doesn’t apply at all to those of us from states that do not have any studio.
It looks like they may have run into a rule snafu, since that’s an odd change to make otherwise. That’s unfortunate.

Kentucky has a law that prevents auto dealerships that sell their vehicles through the internet. This is the reason why there is no Tesla dealership in the state, only a service center in Louisville. When I purchased my Model S, it was delivered in Ohio with California temporary tags. I brought the car home and paid the sales tax in Kentucky. Ohio did not make a cent on my purchase. For this reason, Kentucky does not allow Kentucky dealers to sell vehicles via the internet and leave the state without the state getting their share of the transaction. I do not know if this restraint of trade is affecting your loss of the $5,000 bonus offer.

As a fellow Kentuckian, I am sad to hear about your problem. If you discover a resolution, please post it. Here would be my question to the Lucid sales rep: if Chicago and Atlanta are not acceptable, what is considered your “local studio”. Dallas? Washington DC? Does not exist?

Is there exclusion for Virginia too; anyone know? Can't pickup car in other state if you're going to lease and register it in VA ?

Back