Unhappy with the car?

My grand touring is the first car i've bought in 18 years as ive been very happy with my 2005 Acura TL. I've had my car for a few months ~2100 miles and while the driving part is nice, I find this car to be beyond frustrating due to the beyond horrible interface with the infotainment system, problems with cameras, useless accident avoidance system, poorly thought out design of some very basic things (headlights, wipers, door entry, key fob, profiles), grossly overstated charging speed and access to superchargers, working Electrify America stations, glitchy updates and other smaller annoyances. I do not think this car is really ready to be on the market. I feel deceived by their marketing department and have no confidence in their software developers. I can not get anyone higher up in the customer service department to speak with, though evrryone in the service department has been wonderful. I can not in good conscience recommend this car and would like to return the car for a refund. Does anyone else feel similar?

My grand touring is the first car i've bought in 18 years as ive been very happy with my 2005 Acura TL. I've had my car for a few months ~2100 miles and while the driving part is nice, I find this car to be beyond frustrating due to the beyond horrible interface with the infotainment system, problems with cameras, useless accident avoidance system, poorly thought out design of some very basic things (headlights, wipers, door entry, key fob, profiles), grossly overstated charging speed and access to superchargers, working Electrify America stations, glitchy updates and other smaller annoyances. I do not think this car is really ready to be on the market. I feel deceived by their marketing department and have no confidence in their software developers. I can not get anyone higher up in the customer service department to speak with, though evrryone in the service department has been wonderful. I can not in good conscience recommend this car and would like to return the car for a refund. Does anyone else feel similar?

I love my car.
I Love my car. I'd had it about three weeks and have had no issues. I'm sorry that you're disappointed. Please read the posts about EA in response to one of my queries. Charging speed is largely dictated by EA. I'm still learning about the features and the one thing that I am learning is that there is so much technology in the car, that it will take me time to learn it all.

I will chime in with ‘love for my car’. It certainly has glitches but I had to reboot my new iPad today as it froze up. Who ever heard of such a thing! Lucids a computer on wheels and will have its issues. I think if away from home charging was a better and more reliable bet, I would be entirely satisfied. I have some concerns about reliability based on this forum but I havent had any real issues. I really give it a pass if the radio cuts out - my A7 did that for years. Other stuff that is annoying is basically frosting and I expect software upgrades will continue to improve these issues. Im patient and will ride it out. It’s minor. Now dont crap out on me Lucid….

I'm in the I absolutely love my Lucid category. I've had to do one reboot, but that's been the only thing so far that hasn't been perfect. That and the XM radio. I couldn't imagine giving it up. I had misgivings before buying it, mostly because of the price, but now I wouldn't want to drive anything else. There are days that I have to drive my Hyundai Elantra instead, and it sure makes me appreciate the Lucid even more.

I Love my car. I'd had it about three weeks and have had no issues. I'm sorry that you're disappointed. Please read the posts about EA in response to one of my queries. Charging speed is largely dictated by EA. I'm still learning about the features and the one thing that I am learning is that there is so much technology in the car, that it will take me time to learn it all.
It is so true...it takes awhile to learn the technology. Best driving car I have ever had.. but the software still has a long way to go. Fingers crossed the bugs get taken care of sooner than later.

You’ve said this half a dozen times, lol, but it isn’t going to happen. The Lucid branded chargers at studios/service centers are L2 chargers meant for charging cars while they’re in service, but owners can use them if they’re nearby. Lucid isn’t going to build their own charging network, and if we had a ton of networks that were “brand exclusive” it would be madness. EA, EVGo, Shell Recharge, etc need to expand instead.

The only reason Tesla has their own is because non existed then, and they’re opening that up as well.

The only reason Rivian has their own is because they are putting them in spots where people will be off-roading, camping, adventuring, etc., and there are no existing stations nearby.
Mercedes is also building their own network which I understand and they have a smaller range than Lucid.

Mercedes is also building their own network which I understand and they have a smaller range than Lucid.
Yup, and it will be open to any brand. That’s great. More chargers in the long run!

Yup, and it will be open to any brand. That’s great. More chargers in the long run!
In one of the press releases, Mercedes said chargers shouldn’t always be in the back/far lot, next to a dumpster. That’d be a nice change from the EAs that I’ve used.

In one of the press releases, Mercedes said chargers shouldn’t always be in the back/far lot, next to a dumpster. That’d be a nice change from the EAs that I’ve used.
I like the ones at bank of Americas for that reason; usually right up front.

Well, there’s one exception: BA branch near Universal Studio, but it’s in a nice neighborhood.
No idea - haven’t used it, but good to know!

The one EA charger I have used is right in front of a Walmart and I do like it’s location nicely lit feels safe :)

Looks like it’s official:

Lucid and other EVs will be able to use Tesla super charge network by end of 2024:

Don't get too excited

"Tesla specifically agreed to make at least 7,500 of its publicly accessible chargers in the US available for use by any compatible EV by the end of 2024. That total will include at least 3,500 of Tesla’s 250-kilowatt Superchargers located along key highway corridors, as well as the slower Level 2 destination chargers that the automaker provides at locations like hotels and restaurants, the officials said."

The word compatible is key here as I believe the 800/900v elephant in the room isn't going to be addressed. None of use on 800/900v architecture won't be getting anywhere near 250Kw charging......

Well the rules of the government funding are to use ccs chargers and it looks like the announcement came from government so let’s see

The word compatible is key here as I believe the 800/900v elephant in the room isn't going to be addressed. None of use on 800/900v architecture won't be getting anywhere near 250Kw charging......
I think this is key to whether 800V cars will be able to charge at the speed of the charger or the speed of the onboard DC boost which is 50kW for the Lucid.

I think this is key to whether 800V cars will be able to charge at the speed of the charger or the speed of the onboard DC boost which is 50kW for the Lucid.
The tech already exists all across Europe so this should be an easy check drive a Lucid in Europe to Tesla ccs

Don't get too excited

"Tesla specifically agreed to make at least 7,500 of its publicly accessible chargers in the US available for use by any compatible EV by the end of 2024. That total will include at least 3,500 of Tesla’s 250-kilowatt Superchargers located along key highway corridors, as well as the slower Level 2 destination chargers that the automaker provides at locations like hotels and restaurants, the officials said."

Better than nothing.

My grand touring is the first car I've bought in 18 years as ive been very happy with my 2005 Acura TL. I've had my car for a few months ~2100 miles and while the driving part is nice, I find this car to be beyond frustrating due to the beyond horrible interface with the infotainment system, problems with cameras, useless accident avoidance system, poorly thought out design of some very basic things (headlights, wipers, door entry, key fob, profiles), grossly overstated charging speed and access to superchargers, working Electrify America stations, glitchy updates and other smaller annoyances. I do not think this car is really ready to be on the market. I feel deceived by their marketing department and have no confidence in their software developers. I can not get anyone higher up in the customer service department to speak with, though evrryone in the service department has been wonderful. I can not in good conscience recommend this car and would like to return the car for a refund. Does anyone else feel similar?

I am not ready to say that I am overall unhappy with the car. I am not. But the interface is absolutely horrific. The simple fact that it does not have Apple Car Play, and instead forces us to buy a subscription and use a perennially dysfunctional Alexa based system is grounds for revolt. I mean, I am sure Amazon paid lucid for that privilege, and that the payment somehow made its way into a cost reduction to us, but I would HAPPILY pay an extra 10k to get rid of that junk and have the normal interface that everone else has. Alexa does not read texts, it cannot interface with most of the functions on your phone, it cannot reliably place calls, and about 40 percent of the time it just goes dead, with a 'something went wrong' message. It is absolute junk compared to APC -- even the APC retrofits that i have installed in some of my older cars.

And now the speaker system has done something weird, so that while music sounds normal, voices - like on telephone calls radio broadcasts - sound badly muffled. My nearest service center is 200 miles away, and they are, if I'm honest' the least responsive car service center of any I have ever dealt with. So I don't even bother asking for their help.

I have resisted ranting about it because it surely won't change a thing, but holy COW I cannot imagine who made the decision to sully such an incredible motor vehicle with this inferior entertainment and information system.

Better than nothing.
Yep...... a bunch of owners taking up 250Kw Superchargers only charging at 20% to 40% of the chargers maximum throughput. Our 112Kw would take 2 hours+ to charge which at that point you're better off pulling up to an EA charger and getting 80Kw off a speed limited 350Kw charger. I think a lot of people will be caught out wondering why their car is charging so slow on a 400v charger.

Back