Unexpected Frunk Opening

How did that happen? The EQS hood doesn’t open.
It can be opened by the dealer. They must not have locked it properly.
The hood release lever is located where you'd normally find it in ICE cars, but hidden inside a box. Pull on it and the hood will release. -- MB is so cheap that they don't even include a hood prop rod.
Under the hood is the 12V battery, so customers actually need to know how to open the hood for jump starting.
@MPawelek is quite correct that it's the party's line that only dealer can open the hood. But I say that's non-sense from MB because customers need to know where to jump start the 12V guy.
Incidentally, the reason they don't make this into a frunk is because, I'm told, they plan to put a third motor in this space.

The hood release lever is located where you'd normally find it in ICE cars, but hidden inside a box. Pull on it and the hood will release. -- MB is so cheap that they don't even include a hood prop rod.
Under the hood is the 12V battery, so customers actually need to know how to open the hood for jump starting.
@MPawelek is quite correct that it's the party's line that only dealer can open the hood. But I say that's non-sense from MB because customers need to know where to jump start the 12V guy.
Incidentally, the reason they don't make this into a frunk is because, I'm told, they plan to put a third motor in this space.
Dual front and single rear? What the..

I haven't had it open, but one of the things they're checking for me is the latching of the frunk. I was seeing alerts that the frunk was not completely closed after closing it. I'm wondering if there is may be a flaw in the latching system. It didn't sound like a tough fix when talking to the service manager, but it also didn't sound like it was unique.
I also had a trunk latch close episode, but the car told me about it immediately.

I haven't had it open, but one of the things they're checking for me is the latching of the frunk. I was seeing alerts that the frunk was not completely closed after closing it. I'm wondering if there is may be a flaw in the latching system. It didn't sound like a tough fix when talking to the service manager, but it also didn't sound like it was unique.
This is happening to me right now shows red and shows its not closed properly but it is. Also doesn't help I'm in 20 degrees temperature

Any resolution on this? How did you get it fixed?

I had the frunk latch warning light - they are changing the latching mechanism on my car.

Today while parking and switching from drive to reverse, my frunk opened. I was not touching any screen so I did not accidentally ask it to open. Has anyone seen anything like this? Customer care is investigating.
I had my frunk open while driving recently and the latches snapped on both sides. Lucid service took the car, had it evaluated and are claiming the latches need to be replaced but the part is not under warranty since their logs tell them the car did all the right things. Total bill is $1,800 for a brand new car with 412 miles on it. Car has been out of commission for past 3 weeks and now they will take another two weeks after I agree to pay the repair costs. Watch the fine print and buyer beware

I had my frunk open while driving recently and the latches snapped on both sides. Lucid service took the car, had it evaluated and are claiming the latches need to be replaced but the part is not under warranty since their logs tell them the car did all the right things. Total bill is $1,800 for a brand new car with 412 miles on it. Car has been out of commission for past 3 weeks and now they will take another two weeks after I agree to pay the repair costs. Watch the fine print and buyer beware
I would totally push back on this if I were you. There's no reason the frunk should be opening whole driving at all.

This is happening to me right now shows red and shows its not closed properly but it is. Also doesn't help I'm in 20 degrees temperature

Any resolution on this? How did you get it fixed?
Happened to me. It’s latch and sensor issue. Have to go to both latches press harder and have SC look at possible realignment.

I would totally push back on this if I were you. There's no reason the frunk should be opening whole driving at all.
I agree, I would push back. The frunk should not open while moving, if it did then the safety mechanisms failed.

Agreed. The car should be in park for the frunk or trunk to open. If not in park, the request to open the frunk or trunk should not work, and a warning message should be displayed on the console.

Lucid, do you agree? This should be a relatively easy software change.

Agreed. The car should be in park for the frunk or trunk to open. If not in park, the request to open the frunk or trunk should not work, and a warning message should be displayed on the console.

Lucid, do you agree? This should be a relatively easy software change.
In UX10, sometimes screen will have sensitivity lag. And any charging cable can trigger a click on Piloy Panel. It safer that way to not allow frunk/truck clickable in Drive gear.

In UX10, sometimes screen will have sensitivity lag. And any charging cable can trigger a click on Piloy Panel. It safer that way to not allow frunk/truck clickable in Drive gear.
Its already in the software and hardware that the car has to be in park and cannot be moving in order to open the frunk. However, it seems that the safety features did not work.

I did push back. My request was escalated to senior mgmt and apparently declined

Forgot to add I didn't have my key Fob with me so no chance of pressing any buttons

Its already in the software and hardware that the car has to be in park and cannot be moving in order to open the frunk. However, it seems that the safety features did not work.
Nope! Check pilot Panel Open menu, those 2 buttons are only greyed out while driving, while motion stopped at 0 mph, they reappeared clickable.

Please tell us more about how it happened. How fast were you moving, did you press the open button or did it just open?
I was at a local strip mall. Opened the frunk using my phone, put a few grocery items in and closed the lid using the app on my phone. Put my phone away once I got in the car and drove out of the strip mall on to a local road (driving at about 25-30 miles per hour). It was downhill and very windy and all of a sudden the frunk popped open and due to the wind and speed combination, the latches snapped when the frunk opened.

I was at a local strip mall. Opened the frunk using my phone, put a few grocery items in and closed the lid using the app on my phone. Put my phone away once I got in the car and drove out of the strip mall on to a local road (driving at about 25-30 miles per hour). It was downhill and very windy and all of a sudden the frunk popped open and due to the wind and speed combination, the latches snapped when the frunk opened.
I am surprised that Lucid is pushing back on this. Its seems to be a defect in the car based on your description. Is Lucid saying that the frunk was not fully latched so that it was your fault and not an issue with the car?

I am surprised that Lucid is pushing back on this. Its seems to be a defect in the car based on your description. Is Lucid saying that the frunk was not fully latched so that it was your fault and not an issue with the car?
In so many words, that is exactly what is implied after a review by Lucid. I naturally disagree

In so many words, that is exactly what is implied after a review by Lucid. I naturally disagree
Yeah, this makes no sense to me, and does not line up at all with most other reports we've gotten here as far as warranty coverage is concerned. Something is very odd here. I assume you have escalated this all the way up to Zak?

Back