UI cleaning

Anyone know what to clean the UI with and does it have a hydrophobic coating on it?

Just a microfiber cloth works great. Lucid helpfully gives you one with the car.

There's also a screen clean mode so you don't accidentally do something

mm, not sure about that, but I heard rumors of gorilla glass somewhere in the interior

That could be true on Corning gorilla glass. But hydrophobic coating is a must to eliminate smudging and scratching
Is there one you can recommend to put on?

You mean oleophobic (oil repelling), not hydrophobic. I believe all recent phones/tablets have oleophobic coating (which also has hydrophobic properties). The coating does wear off over time/use. Don't know if any of you keep your phone for more than a couple of model updates but they do start to smudge more. You can buy oleophobic coating liquid on amazon to renew it or establish a new coating on something that doesn't have it. It evaporates quickly so a larger display needs to be done in sections. It will be a little difficult to do on the pilot panel since it isn't horizontal. Like with ceramic coatings, multiple layers gives better protection than a single application.

You mean oleophobic (oil repelling), not hydrophobic. I believe all recent phones/tablets have oleophobic coating (which also has hydrophobic properties). The coating does wear off over time/use. Don't know if any of you keep your phone for more than a couple of model updates but they do start to smudge more. You can buy oleophobic coating liquid on amazon to renew it or establish a new coating on something that doesn't have it. It evaporates quickly so a larger display needs to be done in sections. It will be a little difficult to do on the pilot panel since it isn't horizontal. Like with ceramic coatings, multiple layers gives better protection than a single application.
You are correct by stating oleophobic in combination with hydrophobic. Current coatings are far better than previous ones. The application is done through vacuum deposition. Thus I would be very suspect of what Amazon or anyone else sells to achieve a good result.

I'm sure if you email customer care they will get an answer for you.

Back