Typical process from reservation to delivery?

DeaneG

Verified Owner
Cars
Air GT, XC40 P8 EV
Referral Code
3OKY7YGA
Pardon the Noob message: I just reserved an Air Grand Touring on 2/28, and was wondering how the waiting/DA assignment?/order confirmation/delivery process normally goes: what steps are there, what communication takes place, etc. I'm familiar with Tesla's practice but don't know if Lucid's is similar. Thanks for your time and patience.

Glad you asked. Here's the process that I've experienced/seen:
  1. Reservation: Once you've done this you may receive an outreach from a Sales Advisor to connect and talk through the car. Currently test drives have not been made available to reservation holders, but that may change once they have more cars to test.
  2. Confirmation: This step is where you commit to the order and your deposit is (supposedly) non-refundable. At this point Lucid is now committing to producing the car. You'll receive outreach from a Delivery Advisor who will ask for some information such as your drivers license and will set you up with a test drive. Current timeline from confirmation to delivery is 2-4mo according to most DA's, but more like 4-5mo according to others on the forum who are further along the process.
  3. VIN Assignment/Production: At this point the car gets a VIN# and a slot for production in the schedule. This means all the parts to finish the car are available (barring any fit/finish issues during assembly or shortages not foreseen at assignment). At this point I believe a person from a nearby Lucid Studio reaches out to finish logistics for delivery.
  4. Shipping & Final Delivery Prep: Your car is in the process of being shipped and then checked before final delivery. Some people here are reporting 1-3 weeks where there cars are at the studio before they take delivery. At this point you'll be asked to finish financing for the car and pay now that Lucid has verified it is ready, though you can wait until actual delivery to complete the payment. [h/t to @Adnillien]
  5. Delivery: Your Lucid arrives. Some GT deliveries are getting the full pomp with a big reveal as well. Hopefully you will too!
[edit: changed timelines to reflect current comms from DAs and forum member experience, and update payment/delivery process]

Last edited:
VIN Assignment/Production: At this point the car gets a VIN# and a slot for production in the schedule. This means all the parts to finish the car are available (barring any fit/finish issues during assembly or shortages not foreseen at assignment). At this point I believe a person from a nearby Lucid Studio reaches out to finish logistics for delivery. At this point you'll be asked to finish financing for the car and pay, though you can wait until delivery to complete the payment.
Currently Lucid is not asking for payment until the car completes both the factory and delivery center quality gates. You will be notified when your car leaves the factory so that you have time to get all of the payment/financing lined up.

. Current timeline from confirmation to delivery is 2-5mo according to others on the forum.
No one has received their Lucid in either 2 or 3 months. I would say to expect 4-5 months. If they get their act together, perhaps someone might see 3 months in the future.

Perfect, thank you very much!

[Updated my reply to reflect more up-to-date data]

I have just been offered a test drive against my AGT reservation, at the Westfield San Jose CA studio.

I have just been offered a test drive against my AGT reservation, at the Westfield San Jose CA studio.
At least you have cars up there. We don't.

Back