Trunk inner lining coming apart

pam4_AGT

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
I picked up my car a couple of months back and already the inner lining inside the trunk is coming apart. I have rarely opened the trunk so it may have been this way all along - I have no idea but just noticed this over the weekend.

lucid_trunk1.jpg
lucid_trunk2.jpg

Looks like it needs to be tucked back in and secured with some adhesive

Not sure how this made it out of the factory. I hope they have a better handle on quality now.
My liner shift when I put something into the truck and it snagged the liner and yanked it out of place. Just had the mobile service move it back into position when they came out for something else

My liner shift when I put something into the truck and it snagged the liner and yanked it out of place. Just had the mobile service move it back into position when they came out for something else
@hydbob, I assume there was some kind of adhesive involved. Just pushing it back will not keep it there - already tried that.

Not sure how this made it out of the factory. I hope they have a better handle on quality now.
This particular thing happens; my frunk cover (the thing inside that covers the bottom level) had some adhesive come off and was folded on itself. Mobile service fixed it in like 3 minutes, lol.

@hydbob, I assume there was some kind of adhesive involved. Just pushing it back will not keep it there - already tried that.
Oh yea I know, but it's an easy fix for mobile service =) Call them out to look at your lock/unlock issues and fix that at the same time!

Adhesives and hot climate don't get along; yet, this problem hasn't been reported by Az or Tx owners. So could be other factors, e.g. material shrinkage or unmatched dimensions, etc.

Back