Trunk (Decklid)

Resurrecting an old threat to ask a question. Today my wife was unloading some packages from the trunk and I noticed her walking back & forth from the left side of the trunk to the right side. I asked her why and she said it seemed as if there was more of a gap on the passenger side than the driver's side. Upon examination I agreed, there is more of a gap on the right than the left.

I'm unsure if we simply missed this since delivery or if somehow it's a recent alignment issue (can that occur over time?). I've recently had two instances where the trunk either didn't close fully or opened part way, but these were rare occurrences. From what I see from borski's post, this is something that mobile can take car of. Either way, no rush, no big deal.

On an unrelated note, we had to go to the vet for our cat and the vet noticed the Lucid from one of the examining rooms. He asked me how I liked it and I told him it was unquestionably the best car I've ever owned. I said the only 'downside' is that rarely a day goes by where someone doesn't come up and ask about the car or rave about it (not really a downside ;)). No sooner did we leave the office when a car pulls up alongside of us at the light and motions to roll down the window. He asks me what kind of car that is and explains it's the most beautiful car he's ever seen. :)
Which gap are you talking about?

So I’m assuming you both did nothing about it? If that’s considered normal or ‘within tolerance’, I won’t bother.

My wife was sorry she pointed it out saying I’ll now obsess over it. I won’t…ok, maybe just a little. :)

So I’m assuming you both did nothing about it? If that’s considered normal or ‘within tolerance’, I won’t bother.

My wife was sorry she pointed it out saying I’ll now obsess over it. I won’t…ok, maybe just a little. :)
Yep, didn't even bother.

Just out of curiosity is this normal when closing the trunk I attached a video. The trunk will pop out then back in to lock.

Attachments

• 20231218_123946.mp4
    7.4 MB
  • 20231218_123946.mp4
    7.4 MB
Just out of curiosity is this normal when closing the trunk I attached a video. The trunk will pop out then back in to l

Mine does the same thing... but I sprayed it with tons of water while cleaning it to check if any leakage was present.. and nothing.. everything was dry inside .. seems like it's designed to be that way? Not sure.. but yeah it's pretty odd that no other car trunk I've owned did this transformer style dance...

Same here, and I think mine was out of Chicago too. Delivered sept. '22.
Trunk lid is off on driver's side, and
Left rear door is really bad (I see it every time I'm near the car...can't help it).
Also the fuel door.
Also a dent in the R cantrail.
We aren't counting wind noise that is probably a leak around the gasket on driver's door?

I pointed these out to delivery agent but no joy. I was anxious to drive the car so I did not press the issues. Photos don't seem to show what I see...I'll try again when the sun's up. Mine was one of the first in Cosmos Silver...the later builds I have not seen panel gaps this bad, and I understand the fuel door is easy to correct. The L rear door though ... it's pretty bad. I have no plans to ever sell the car, but for $140k it should never have been delivered with such a glaring flaw. You know how this works = once you see it you can't not see it.

That said: I just don't care. The car is that good.

Back