RESOLVED Trouble Programming Homelink

dragonwang

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Lucid Touring, Tesla X
Referral Code
C3NGKXF8
Picked up 2024 Air Touring on Wednesday, 7/24/2024 with a non-functional Homelink. Been asking for CS to send me software update since I'm still on 2.2.10 but I felt I've been giving excuses (it's coming shortly, yeah it will arrive). Yesterday, the mobile tech arrived, ran some diagnostics, and eventually suggested it may be the software that I am running. He have rushed the engineering team to push the OTA update to me ASAP. He assured me OTA update should arrive by late yesterday or today, but I have not received any update. Is there any one from Lucid management that can make this happen? Pretty absurd that I have this vehicle for 2 weeks with no working Homelink.

Picked up 2024 Air Touring on Wednesday, 7/24/2024 with a non-functional Homelink. Been asking for CS to send me software update since I'm still on 2.2.10 but I felt I've been giving excuses (it's coming shortly, yeah it will arrive). Yesterday, the mobile tech arrived, ran some diagnostics, and eventually suggested it may be the software that I am running. He have rushed the engineering team to push the OTA update to me ASAP. He assured me OTA update should arrive by late yesterday or today, but I have not received any update. Is there any one from Lucid management that can make this happen? Pretty absurd that I have this vehicle for 2 weeks with no working Homelink.
There are many folks here on the forum who would like to help you troubleshoot. Could you describe the symptoms and what you have tried so far?

Hi @Bobby,

I believe I have tried everything (changed to new batteries, hold remote 2" under the L, under the U, opening the frunk). Even the mobile tech came out yesterday and tried with no luck. The Homelink device in the car just isn't detecting my remote's signal. I've watched youtube videos of pairing up the homelink for lucid and it makes it look so easy, but for me, that's not the case. I would hold down the button of the remote until the car's pilot panel finally prompted No Signal Detected. It's pretty frustrating at this point.

Hi @Bobby,

I believe I have tried everything (changed to new batteries, hold remote 2" under the L, under the U, opening the frunk). Even the mobile tech came out yesterday and tried with no luck. The Homelink device in the car just isn't detecting my remote's signal. I've watched youtube videos of pairing up the homelink for lucid and it makes it look so easy, but for me, that's not the case. I would hold down the button of the remote until the car's pilot panel finally prompted No Signal Detected. It's pretty frustrating at this point.
I'm puzzled why the service tech thought the problem might be software. Homelink has been quite stable for a long time. IMO it is more likely that there is a minor hardware issue with your new car. But I'm not a Lucid service person.

I'm puzzled why the service tech thought the problem might be software. Homelink has been quite stable for a long time. IMO it is more likely that there is a minor hardware issue with your new car. But I'm not a Lucid service person.
He ran some diagnostics and confirmed there is nothing wrong with the Homelink, hence he came to the conclusion that it's software-related. I was promised software update but nothing have arrived.

I invested a lot of money into Lucid stock and I hope they do succeed, but I'm worried if they don't get the software in check, they will fail despite the EV technology advantage when everyone with those 18-month leases will be turning in their cars. EV tech is nice but it won't do any good when the software is abundant with bugs in daily driving.

Curious about the brand and age of your garage opener.
As a last resort, if it’s me, I’d buy a new remote controller, pair it with the garage opener, and then try using this new remote controller to pair with the car.

Oh yes, if your opener is old enough to use a dip switch to set a fixed code, the car's Homelink may not be compatible.

As a last resort, if it’s me, I’d buy a new remote controller, pair it with the garage opener, and then try using this new remote controller to pair with the car.
Garage opener isn't that old - about 10 years old - Liftmaster with the "Learn" button..

Funny thing is the Tesla Model X paired up just fine and it paired up to my community gate opener as well, but Lucid is having trouble with both remotes.

Oh yes, if your opener is old enough to use a dip switch to set a fixed code, the car's Homelink may not be compatible.
I think if the Tesla Model X pairs up just fine to both the garage and community gate, it's not on my end. :)

I think if the Tesla Model X pairs up just fine to both the garage and community gate, it's not on my end. :)
Once the problem has been solved, please let us know what caused it. I'm curious.

Please let us know what the problem turns out to have been. I'm curious.
Yes, for sure - mobile tech seems to be pretty confident it's a software issue so I'll have to wait and see when the update arrives...

Yep. This is exactly what I did to get mine to pair. The Lucid mobile service team who was onsite (for another reason) couldn’t get my car to pair with the community gate. As a last resort, I ordered a new universal remote and got that paired to the gate and paired with car using the new remote.

Also on Liftmaster here, would be eqaully surprised if a software issue fixed it. I'd lean towards there being an undiagnosed hardware issue before a software update would resolve this, unless there is specific guidance that newer software has changed how HomeLink signals are detected/learned.

The one thing that is within your control would be to try and replace the battery in your garage remote. It could be a signal strength sensitivity issue where the Tesla was happy with the signal, but the Lucid was not. A new battery for the remote is a cheap way of ruling out that possibility.

Good luck! Regarding Lucid stock, if it helps, please know this isn't a common issue.

Try doing a soft reset in your car by holding the Air logo in the settings screen and then pair with home link. It was a bit finicky for me as well but it eventually paired after 4-5 tries. I made sure my car was facing the garage as well. Then I put the remote near the logo and held the remote button until the car honked I believe.

Yep. This is exactly what I did to get mine to pair. The Lucid mobile service team who was onsite (for another reason) couldn’t get my car to pair with the community gate. As a last resort, I ordered a new universal remote and got that paired to the gate and paired with car using the new remote.
WOW! This worked - I used an old remote with new batteries and it worked! Thank you very much!!

This worked! I used an old remote with new batteries and it worked instantly, within 2 secs it detected the signal...

I guess it's a good thing I didn't have to wait until software update and find out it still doesn't work. :rolleyes:

I wasn't far off, then, new battery in a remote (in this case, an older remote). I do wish there wasn't quite so much sensitivity to these processes working or not working.

I wasn't far off, then, new battery in a remote (in this case, an older remote). I do wish there wasn't quite so much sensitivity to these processes working or not working.
Yeah tell me about it - guess I should've come on the board sooner...

Back