Trip from SF Bay Area to Arizona this Friday

Regarding Phoenix/Tempe area, i found the EA charger at AZ Mills Mall to be good. 8 chargers, all working.

5000 s Arizona Mills Circle

Hard to find the chargers. They're in the circle drive, i want to say South West part of the mall.

Given the significance of these 2 stations, should we, EV drivers and concerned citizens from the adjoining states of Calif and Az, petition for some divine intervention from states and/or federal? Or is this just an exercise in futility?
Don't do it...at least in Arizona. If our legislators determined that it would help persons drive BEVs, it would go the opposite direction. Maybe if we petitioned the Arizona legislature to remove the charging station, it might then increase it.

Yesterday we drove up through Jerome and then down to Sedona where they probably have one of the prettiest locations for an Electrify America charger in the country. The car did great on the twisty mountain roads. The roads in Jerome are very narrow.

Attachments

• IMG_7946.jpeg
    IMG_7946.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 113
I’ve also noticed on this trip that whatever Lucid did to the windshield is amazing! You can drive straight into the sun and still see fine. Even bigger, at night you don’t get glare from oncoming traffic!

Yesterday we drove up through Jerome and then down to Sedona where they probably have one of the prettiest locations for an Electrify America charger in the country. The car did great on the twisty mountain roads. The roads in Jerome are very narrow.
This is one of my favorite drives. I am glad that you enjoyed it.

I’ve also noticed on this trip that whatever Lucid did to the windshield is amazing! You can drive straight into the sun and still see fine. Even bigger, at night you don’t get glare from oncoming traffic!
What is your height? I get refraction from oncoming headlights, however, if I lower my head the refraction goes away. Larger gradient at higher levels of the canopy.

What is your height? I get refraction from oncoming headlights, however, if I lower my head the refraction goes away. Larger gradient at higher levels of the canopy.
6’3”

We’re lucky in that regard, but for those with lower range, this matter is grave. Some simply can’t do the SoCal-Phx trip.
Sure you can just stop at EVGo.

Last time I checked, for this desert stretch, there were only a few pay stations, with sketchy reliability.
And this is the main corridor connecting Calif and Az.

It was a great trip, 2,477.7 miles, 677KWh. 3.7 m/KWh. I was generally going around 80. In general, Electrify America worked well. I did learn to set limit to 95% to have time to eat. Quartzsite needs more chargers, but that was the only site I needed to wait at. One of the times I charged in Tucson there was also a Grand Touring and my twin Touring. It’s an interesting culture at the charging stations. Met some really nice people. The car had room to spare with 3 adults, a small dog and all the luggage. Always comfortable inside with temps outside up to 106. I did leave the AC on while I ate.

From my trip from bay area, I found santa clarita near LA has good charging options. There is one at walmart on kelly johnson parkway/ new hall ranch rd. There are places you can grab lunch across the street while the car is charging.

From my trip from bay area, I found santa clarita near LA has good charging options. There is one at walmart on kelly johnson parkway/ new hall ranch rd. There are places you can grab lunch across the street while the car is charging.
Thank you!I like going east through Palmdale and dropping down on 15.

Back