Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Dream P
DE Number
Referral Code
R0YBCKIJ

Yikes!

“There are also reports online of some owners trying to negotiate with Toyota for additional consideration, like attempting to recoup some of the dealer markup they had to pay when purchasing the car.”

Ha! This is exactly why I choose Lucid. Dealers and markups can GTFO.

Personalfinance 101 : Dealer fees do not count towards your equity in the vehicle.

“There are also reports online of some owners trying to negotiate with Toyota for additional consideration, like attempting to recoup some of the dealer markup they had to pay when purchasing the car.”

Personalfinance 101 : Dealer fees do not count towards your equity in the vehicle.

What counts, or doesn't count, on a voluntary buy back is what Toyota says counts.

I have owned many Toyotas in the past. But if it were me, I would take the buyback. I wouldn't be able to trust a car maker that can't make cars whose wheels may fall off and after discovering it, can't figure out the fix!

I NEVER want to deal with a car dealer again. I won't buy a Tesla, and the Kia / Hyundai dealer network is what keeps me out of there for now. I hope that Lucid gets their production straightened out. Right now, Rivian is my backup.

What counts, or doesn't count, on a voluntary buy back is what Toyota says counts.

I have owned many Toyotas in the past. But if it were me, I would take the buyback. I wouldn't be able to trust a car maker that can't make cars whose wheels may fall off and after discovering it, can't figure out the fix!
I think reports are they know the fix, but that it requires a complete replacement and retooling of the entire front wheel assembly.

• Wow
Reactions: DJL
I think reports are they know the fix, but that it requires a complete replacement and retooling of the entire front wheel assembly.
Of all the problems a new EV would have from a legacy automaker, I never would have thought that wheels falling of would be the one. Seems like the decades of history Toyota has in building cars, this would be the easy part.

Of all the problems a new EV would have from a legacy automaker, I never would have thought that wheels falling of would be the one. Seems like the decades of history Toyota has in building cars, this would be the easy part.
Supposedly, they decided to change how the wheels were attached to the chassis in this new EV away from their traditional way of doing it. Obviously, they made a miscalculation.

Supposedly, they decided to change how the wheels were attached to the chassis in this new EV away from their traditional way of doing it. Obviously, they made a miscalculation.
I would be curious to know why. Was it to save money? Or was it to get better range and performance? I would hope the latter but suspect the former.

Back