Tow hitch for bike rack?

Sandvinsd

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Grand Touring
Now that some of the Dreams have been delivered, I have a general question that perhaps some of you could answer. It is possible to put a tow hitch on the Air for the purpose of attaching a bike carrier or a hitch rack?

I spoke with my Delivery Advisor today and he said Lucid is about to launch their online gear store. This will include options like wheels and other accessories. He mentioned a bike rack option.

I spoke with my Delivery Advisor today and he said Lucid is about to launch their online gear store. This will include options like wheels and other accessories. He mentioned a bike rack option.
That sounds great!

Sorry to resurrect this from old … but wondering if anybody has knowledge or experience with putting an adult road bike inside the car?
I assume with the front wheel off it will fit easily with the back seat down - heck I can get my 58cm bike in the back of a mini !!
but I am curious if the trunk is big enough to fit the bike (without wheel) with the seats up (or maybe half down)

thanks

Sorry to resurrect this from old … but wondering if anybody has knowledge or experience with putting an adult road bike inside the car?
I assume with the front wheel off it will fit easily with the back seat down - heck I can get my 58cm bike in the back of a mini !!
but I am curious if the trunk is big enough to fit the bike (without wheel) with the seats up (or maybe half down)

thanks
I suspect you will be the first!

thanks
My bet is you can get it in without the seats down.

Might go in to millbrae and ask :)
Would love to know before my AGT arrives

I feel a hitch based rack is just plain ugly compromise … hope the lucid solution is a better approach

Might go in to millbrae and ask :)
Would love to know before my AGT arrives

I feel a hitch based rack is just plain ugly compromise … hope the lucid solution is a better approach
They are supposed to have a roof rail system so...

It's a different company but the name eludes me

Would prefer a tow hitch bike rack to a roof rack, but I think one or the other is necessary (preferably both options)

Would prefer a tow hitch bike rack to a roof rack, but I think one or the other is necessary (preferably both options)
I’m kind of mixed minds…

frequently it is just me and the bike, and I don’t Like the roof or tow hitch option since it detracts from the car
then there are times some of the family joins me, and then I agree I’d love the option.

TBH I’ve yet to find a better 4 Bike rack than a F150. <s>

Irony, I have a Yakima rack for my recumbent still in the box. Maybe it will finally get mounted to a vehicle.

thanks
I put by road bike in the trunk most days. Need to put back seats down and shimmy it in. Handlebars fit in the trunk’s “well.” Not optimal, but it works.
I’d be very surprised if we ever get a toe bar bike rack option, as they would mess up the cameras. I think we’ll be stuck with a rooftop rack, in which case I’ll stick with the trunk.

I put by road bike in the trunk most days. Need to put back seats down and shimmy it in. Handlebars fit in the trunk’s “well.” Not optimal, but it works.
I’d be very surprised if we ever get a toe bar bike rack option, as they would mess up the cameras. I think we’ll be stuck with a rooftop rack, in which case I’ll stick with the trunk.
Perfect - thanks for the confirmation. My preference is inside when I have just the one bike

is it possible to have just half of the back seat down?

Perfect - thanks for the confirmation. My preference is inside when I have just the one bike

is it possible to have just half of the back seat down?
Yes, it's a 60/40 split

Following this thread. I currently have a 2020 Model S and a reservation for an AGT. My biggest concern about switching from MS to AGT is bikes and skis (and storage in general; the hatchback on the MS is roomy). EcoHitch makes a detachable trailer hitch for the MS, and it is fantastic. I contacted them to see if they had plans to make one for the Air, and they do not. They offered if I brought the Air to their factory in Seattle they would custom build one for me (and do some R&D to consider mass-marketing one). But I am on the East Cost so that seems unlikely. Very interested to see how Lucid solves the problem. A Thule bike rack plugged into the EcoHitch gives me storage for 4 adult bikes / 4 pairs of skis + poles.

Back