RESOLVED Touring drivers side rear door will NOT OPEN.

dscafetta

My Touring is about 6 weeks old, under 1000 miles, and drivers side read door will NOT OPEN. Inside or out. Need service in Cocoa Beach Florida. Called West Palm Beach but they don't answer.

THOUGHTS...???

The only thought is the manual release is broken, but I doubt it. Pull the inside switch HARD to release manually then slam the door and try again.

When you text or call Customer Care (from i.e. the Lucid app) what do they say?

Thanks. I will try the inside again per your instructions.

They don't answer the phone, so they say nothing!

Try the key fob lock reset where you lock with FOB and walk away for 20 minutes or so then unlock with FOB. This has cleared the problem for me on rear door lock.

I just had this issue today - never had any issues with the doors before. Suddenly the driver's side rear door would not open from the outside (even though the door handle presented). I tried opening from the inside, but that also would not work. I just walked away from the car for a while and then called Customer Service, who told me to try opening it from the inside, and I felt like an idiot that it opened from both the inside and outside this time while Customer Service was on the phone with me. It must have reset itself somehow. Hope yours works out so easily.

I just had this issue today - never had any issues with the doors before. Suddenly the driver's side rear door would not open from the outside (even though the door handle presented). I tried opening from the inside, but that also would not work. I just walked away from the car for a while and then called Customer Service, who told me to try opening it from the inside, and I felt like an idiot that it opened from both the inside and outside this time while Customer Service was on the phone with me. It must have reset itself somehow. Hope yours works out so easily.
I had this issue in the Lucid Loaner (GT) on the weekend. Handle presented itself but rear passenger door wouldn’t open. Tried opening from the inside both electronic and manual mode and the door wouldn’t open at all. Locked and unlocked the car, didn’t fix it. Did a system reboot and the problem fixed itself.

I reported it to Lucid. The fact the manual release didn’t work is a huge safety risk.

I had this issue in the Lucid Loaner (GT) on the weekend. Handle presented itself but rear passenger door wouldn’t open. Tried opening from the inside both electronic and manual mode and the door wouldn’t open at all. Locked and unlocked the car, didn’t fix it. Did a system reboot and the problem fixed itself.

I reported it to Lucid. The fact the manual release didn’t work is a huge safety risk.
Did you pull once all the way and then pull hard a second time? that’s the manual Rames

Did you pull once all the way and then pull hard a second time? that’s the manual Rames
Yes. I did it multiple times to no avail.

Same issue for me too!
The driver side door will not open when approaching the car with the fob. The door handle starts fluttering like the wings of an injured bird!
I tried closing and opening with the Fob. No luck.

Luckily the other three doors were open. I got in through the passanger door. Then unlocked the driver side door using the inside handle. It opened.

I drove home. Called customer service. Waiting to hear from them!

Scary if the inside handles and the other doors also malfunctioned! Stuck some where and then wait!!

I will try to update this when it is resolved!

RKW

Update: Customer service was contacted. Talked to a person. Was told to expect a call from customer care. Nothing happened for 3 hrs. Called again. I was told it may be tomorrow by this time when I may be contacted!

For a car like Lucid this is totally unacceptable! At a minimum someone should have called. At least I will know what to expect!!

As long as your car isn't actively trying to hunt you down, tomorrow may not be the end of the world. These are still limited-production cars and quirks happen.

Update: Customer service was contacted. Talked to a person. Was told to expect a call from customer care. Nothing happened for 3 hrs. Called again. I was told it may be tomorrow by this time when I may be contacted!

For a car like Lucid this is totally unacceptable! At a minimum someone should have called. At least I will know what to expect!!
Is it still doing this or was it just the once? Sometimes, if one is being impatient and happens to press the fob twice just as the car recognizes it, the handles will kind of flutter for a second and then close.

As long as your car isn't actively trying to hunt you down, tomorrow may not be the end of the world. These are still limited-production cars and quirks happen.
As long as I am able to get in the car and do not get locked in it is not the end of the world. But if the glass needs to be broken to get out the world may end for the poor occupant!!
I am hopeful someone from Lucid will contact me!!
I wish myself good luck😀

i wonder if there's a way to test the manual release while electronic release is working. you're not the first person who reported manual release issue here on this forum.

As long as I am able to get in the car and do not get locked in it is not the end of the world. But if the glass needs to be broken to get out the world may end for the poor occupant!!
I am hopeful someone from Lucid will contact me!!
I wish myself good luck😀
Welcome to the forum. Please try to remain calm. This is a nice, neighborly place. All will be well.

i wonder if there's a way to test the manual release while electronic release is working. you're not the first person who reported manual release issue here on this forum.
I guess you could lock yourself inside with the app. Unbeknownst to me my drivers side manual cable was detached. Ir was discovered while I was at the SC. It was fixed while I waited.

I guess you could lock yourself inside with the app. Unbeknownst to me my drivers side manual cable was detached. Ir was discovered while I was at the SC. It was fixed while I waited.
How did they check the manual cable?

Back