Touring Delivery Tracker [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I surely don't understand that logic, either. They should be available for test driving immediately, or, better yet, before delivery commences.
Deliveries of Tourings have not commenced. Before the first person commits to purchase of one, they will or can get a test drive.

Deliveries of Tourings have not commenced. Before the first person commits to purchase of one, they will or can get a test drive.

The person above mentioned they won't have test drive vehicles for Tourings until "months" after deliveries begin for Touring.

The person above mentioned they won't have test drive vehicles for Tourings until "months" after deliveries begin for Touring.
Yes. it was the same for the first GTs. The test drive cars were not available when the first GTs were delivered.

Yes. it was the same for the first GTs. The test drive cars were not available when the first GTs were delivered.
Presumably prioritizing customer deliveries over test drive vehicles makes sense.

Many people have reservations as placeholders just in case, waiting on multiple cars not knowing which will arrive when. Look at how many people have reservations for an EQS, M4, Rivian, or other upcoming EV. I suspect that when the deposit becomes non refundable many people will cancel their orders and the numbers of actual reservations will be less

Many people have reservations as placeholders just in case, waiting on multiple cars not knowing which will arrive when. Look at how many people have reservations for an EQS, M4, Rivian, or other upcoming EV. I suspect that when the deposit becomes non refundable many people will cancel their orders and the numbers of actual reservations will be less
Very true. I have deposits for bmw, lucid, ioniq5, Fisker and Kia lol. Whoever gets me car fast I will take it and cancel others.

Very true. I have deposits for bmw, lucid, ioniq5, Fisker and Kia lol. Whoever gets me car fast I will take it and cancel others.
I also have reservation on the Nissan Ariya, which seems to fly under the radar screen on this forum.

Just checked my Touring order and you cannot reserve car without DD Pro now. Standard Dream Drive availability pushed out until 4th quarter. This is very disappointing as the DD Pro is and probably will be non-functional for a long time. Not a 9K option I will order. 😤
Posted this on the other forum also.

Just checked my Touring order and you cannot reserve car without DD Pro now. Standard Dream Drive availability pushed out until 4th quarter. This is very disappointing as the DD Pro is and probably will be non-functional for a long time. Not a 9K option I will order. 😤
Well, that sucks. Not worth $9k to me to get the car a few months earlier...

It would make financial sense for Lucid to process the trims with the DD pro options first. That is what Tesla does.

Very disappointed to hear that. It's definitely not worth it to me, as you said, it will not be functional for a long time. Maybe time to reconsider Lucid

Just checked mine, and it seems to be the same for the surround stereo system. (And the non-glass canopy, but that always sai Q4 availability.) Both options that I want, anyway. But I understand the frustration if you don't want those options. My guess is since that's all standard on the GT, it makes it easier to transition over to Touring production if they don't have to make that change? I have no idea how car assembly works, but it would make sense to me that the fewer changes along the line that need to be made, the easier.

Also, it is better for profit, of course.

In Tesla's case, waitlisting non-FSD was a complete money grab. It's literally the flick of a software boolean for them to give you FSD. (And they've been producing cars for many years.) My understanding for DD Pro is that there is additional hardware involved. Which, as I said, adds to the complications of the assembly line if they have to do some with, some without. Same for the stereo.

To date, Lucid have produced zero vehicles with the non-surround stereo and the missing dream drive components. Might as well knock out as many Touring with those components intact as you can first.

FWIW the car's entire front panel is different for those who opt out of the Dream Drive Pro which probably requires them to get different parts.
Here's the front panel with obvious holes for LiDAR and other sensors:

1651698619941.png

1651698689079.png

Very disappointed to hear that. It's definitely not worth it to me, as you said, it will not be functional for a long time. Maybe time to reconsider Lucid
I have no need for DD Pro and didn't include it in my March order. If that delays delivery of my Touring I'll likely cancel.

And I'm talking myself into liking the "grille" on the BMW iX...the reviews have been stellar

That really is a shame. I noticed the surround sound was that way the other day and now they've done the same with DreamDrive. As many have surmised it is most likely they are going to produce configurations that are most similar to the GT first since they already have the components. Since I have no interest in DreamDrive Pro I guess this automatically puts me into Q4 which was also when I was told the i4 I was also wanting to reserve may be available by from a different dealer.

All these required options to have similarities with the GT, but still no option to add in the massage seats? Bah humbug (also I'll stop now lol)

All these required options to have similarities with the GT, but still no option to add in the massage seats? Bah humbug (also I'll stop now lol)
I’m with you on that. I know some things need to be exclusive to the top trims, but I would have paid extra for those massage seats, for sure. (Just not $25k extra for the GT.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back