Touring Availability Change

Well they are still working on reservations placed prior to Aril 2021 and confirmed back in November, so while it might be an exaggerated number, I would say there are a significant number of orders still unfilled. How many deliveries have they actually done? I'll be VERY generous and 1500. Of course 500 of those are Dreams so say 1000 GTs have been delivered? Perhaps there are another 2-3k left so they may have delivered 25-33% of the orders? I would say that the 80% left, while said in jest, may not be that far out of whack..
They were at 1,117 in early to mid May. I am guessing 1,500 or so by end of this month, we will find out in the Q2 earnings report I guess. So I guess that is like 50%?

They were at 1,117 in early to mid May. I am guessing 1,500 or so by end of this month, we will find out in the Q2 earnings report I guess. So I guess that is like 50%?
I think there are more than 2000 total GT orders. I had done a back of the envelope calculation of 3k GTs back in September based on orders and the Average Selling price reported. There might be another 1000 added to that number since then. If that is the case then they have only processed 25% of the GT orders. I believe its definitely less than 50% completed at this point.

That sounds realistic. Another thread said a GT upgrade today would be delivered in 5 months, which puts it at the end of November. If that is the case, there will be very few Tourings delivered this year. Unless one reserved prior to 2021, one would not get it in 2022.

Here's a question, I think I know the answer. If you want a bare bones T will you get it before a loaded Pure?

Here's a question, I think I know the answer. If you want a bare bones T will you get it before a loaded Pure?

Since full metal roof, non-surreal sound, and non-DDP parts are all different from spec’d out Pure, you will likely get it May-August 2023 at the rate Lucid is going right now.

That's a loaded question!

This piece from Business Insider, if accurate, is at least a glimmer of hope for those of us with reservations for the Pure that at least the tooling is there to begin manufacturing them. What isn’t answered is whether they have corrected the production process to reliably produce many more cars per day.

“The scheduled pause, from May 29 to June 4, was instituted so Lucid could install tooling needed for assembly of the $87,400 Air Pure, the least expensive version of the automaker's luxury electric sedan. Lucid aims to start delivering the car later this year. “

What is more troubling to me is the constant array of software issues. I can only hope Rettinger is right that six months from now they will be resolved.

is Lucid overextended and therefore unfocused/fatigued: new construction at CASA Grande, expansion in Saudi Arabia, Gravity, opening more studios and service centers, etc?

This piece from Business Insider, if accurate, is at least a glimmer of hope for those of us with reservations for the Pure that at least the tooling is there to begin manufacturing them. What isn’t answered is whether they have corrected the production process to reliably produce many more cars per day.

“The scheduled pause, from May 29 to June 4, was instituted so Lucid could install tooling needed for assembly of the $87,400 Air Pure, the least expensive version of the automaker's luxury electric sedan. Lucid aims to start delivering the car later this year. “

What is more troubling to me is the constant array of software issues. I can only hope Rettinger is right that six months from now they will be resolved.

is Lucid overextended and therefore unfocused/fatigued: new construction at CASA Grande, expansion in Saudi Arabia, Gravity, opening more studios and service centers, etc?

Think of Lucid as a startup with great potential, but a startup. They only have so many software engineering to code and they need the money from the reservations (about $1.5B - $2B) to hire more and push out faster updates. It's part of the growing pains.

It isn’t a “constant array” of software issues. Most of the time, and for most people, it works fine. There are occasional weirdnesses, but nothing particularly bad.

For *some* owners, it is worse; for most of us it’s just occasionally glitchy. Most of the posts you’ll find on the forum tend to veer negative just because positive reactions are less likely to be posted. People are busy driving the car. :)

I believe they want to deliver the higher trims first to maximize revenue while they ramp up Production to acceptable levels. Every GT brings 39-49K more per car which is significan. The street is watching both Growth in revenue as well as delivery numbers. We know there is no way in God’s GreenEarth they can ramp upto deliver 10-12K Cars this year.
Watching the drone footage with two parking lots full of unwrapped Cars that they could be having parts shortage that is preventing them from getting these cars ready for delivery. Perhaps those who have a Car may see the Price of their Cars go up if the Car keeps getting good reviews as it has been for the most part especially when it comes to driving and range.

Seems like 90% of the GTs are yet to be delivered with dates as late September. If I had to guess, Tourings won’t start until September 30th, or more accurately Q4.

I hope they’re transparent and announce a significant reduction in their forecast to align with reality. Cancellations will undoubtedly ensure. Thankfully I am only invested $2000 in the company and plan to hold long term.

It would be a great result for Lucid if the number of Airs they are obligated to deliver under $100k drops.

And they have more capacity to deliver Airs in the $125k+ range.

There are new Model S Plaids available for immediate delivery for $142k+ or EQS 450+ for $104k+

Just logged in to view my Touring reservation/design and noticed that the "available Q4 2022" tag that was there last week is now gone.

Pure's and Touring's are still showing Q4 2022 on Lucid's website. Given the factory was shut down to do some retrofitting for the Pure I would be assuming that they're going to at least get some Pure's in people's hands by year end and would assume that Touring's won't be far off from confirmations etc.

Interesting. Yes. It's gone on mine, too. Both in the summary and on the design page, under variant. But it still says Q4 at the top of the generic Design Yours page.

Surreal Sound and non-glass roof still show "later availability."

Who knows what the web team is up to? Historically, these sorts of changes are harbingers of further delays, though. So I guess we'll find out soon.

I did find it odd that all the press coming out of that special event was hyper-focused on the Grand Touring and Grand Touring Performance. Makes sense, given that's what's currently shipping, but there was barely a mention in most articles about the Touring and Pure.

For example, I found this screenshot on Twitter, it doesn't show availability dates

When you click view reservation does it say Q4 there? Can I see that screenshot?

It should show something like this?

touring-q4-order-change.png

Back