Took delivery today, door doesn’t work

jbunderwater

Member

Joined
Jul 26, 2025
Messages
25
Reaction score
38
Cars
Gravity Ground Touring
This is my first post but I’ve been hanging around the forums since I ordered a few months ago. Only driven about 20 miles but really like it.

Was really excited for delivery. Drove home. And realized the passenger front door doesn’t properly shut as the glass doesn’t go into the frame. The handle stays out and you can’t open the door from the outside. Window button doesn’t work.

I’m so disappointed.

Anyone seen this before?
 
Geez sorry to hear this.
 
Search on this forum for door not closing. I think one solution was to open the door wide open where you can pull the windows slightly upwards and see if that resolves your issue.

To open the door manually. Pull the door knob from inside see attached.

1758975495088.webp
 
I managed to get the window in the frame by pushing on the window after closing the door. However, you still can’t open the door from the outside and the window doesn’t work. The handle stays out even when locked.

Tried looking for service appointment at Tyson’s but not possible to schedule online.
 
I called the service center and they are going to schedule a mobile appointment when the reopen on Monday. Until then, can’t use the front passenger door unfortunately.

The SA said they thought it was a software issue but I suspect it’s some kind of wiring in the door because none of the electronics respond. But who knows.
 
I called the service center and they are going to schedule a mobile appointment when the reopen on Monday. Until then, can’t use the front passenger door unfortunately.

The SA said they thought it was a software issue but I suspect it’s some kind of wiring in the door because none of the electronics respond. But who knows.
A couple of people here have had same issue. It is probably window regulator. In order for the frameless doors to open/close, the window has to slightly retract. If regulator not working properly to allow this, door will not open/close properly. Do not force it.
 
I called the service center and they are going to schedule a mobile appointment when the reopen on Monday. Until then, can’t use the front passenger door unfortunately.

The SA said they thought it was a software issue but I suspect it’s some kind of wiring in the door because none of the electronics respond. But who knows.
Sorry to hear it. I had a similar problem with driver door of old ModelX. The little pusher to open the door was dead… replaced and good for 30k miles so far. Best of luck getting it back soon.
 
Unfortunately they can’t get me in for over 2 weeks because they are so busy. And they can’t order any parts until they see what’s wrong.
 
Unfortunately they can’t get me in for over 2 weeks because they are so busy. And they can’t order any parts until they see what’s wrong.
Two weeks even for mobile tech visit?
 
They said mobile can’t do it
It makes sense that mobile can't do the actual work, but seems like mobile could at least diagnose so that part(s) can be ordered.
 
Will window go down if you use the button on passenger door or driver door? If not, then yes, likely window regulator. I had this issue. It’s not fun. Mine was stuck all the way down though…
 
Lucid service, who has actually been great, got in touch and decided to tow in my gravity to try to get the door repaired on Tuesday. It’s been there for a few days but they haven’t had a chance to look at it yet. But I think they understood delivering a car with a non working door didn’t bode well for quality.
 
This is my first post but I’ve been hanging around the forums since I ordered a few months ago. Only driven about 20 miles but really like it.

Was really excited for delivery. Drove home. And realized the passenger front door doesn’t properly shut as the glass doesn’t go into the frame. The handle stays out and you can’t open the door from the outside. Window button doesn’t work.

I’m so disappointed.

Anyone seen this before?
This is common to all their vehicle.
I have 2 lucids and neither of their doors open with the phone key. ( wondering if they need to provide you a screw driver with the vehicle delivery to pry it open so you can drive !!!! )
 
This is common to all their vehicle.
I have 2 lucids and neither of their doors open with the phone key. ( wondering if they need to provide you a screw driver with the vehicle delivery to pry it open so you can drive !!!! )
This is absolutely untrue, and this is not relevant to this discussion. We are not discussing mobile key at all, as Gravity does not have one.

Stay on topic, and please do not post the same thing multiple times. It is against the guidelines.
 
They said mobile can’t do it
I had the driver side rear window regulator in my 2018 Model replaced by a Tesla mobile tech. Interesting that Lucid can’t do the same.
 
I had the driver side rear window regulator in my 2018 Model replaced by a Tesla mobile tech. Interesting that Lucid can’t do the same.
They can, but they don’t carry the part as it’s backordered. It is different from the Air’s regulator (I think because of the frameless design on Gravity). The only way to get it is take it from the assembly line. Once things settle down, I expect the mobile techs will carry Gravity parts with them. For now, all parts go to production with some sparingly taken for repairs.

Lest we forget, the real Regulator is Warren G. Unfortunately, Lucid did not pick him as the spokesperson.
 
Week goes by. Still sitting at service center since the overnight part didn’t arrive even though it was ordered 3 days ago. Service has been very communicative it’s just all incredibly frustrating. It took days for them to get around to diagnosing, now days to get a part, and I’m sure more days to get back in queue to fix. All because I didn’t check that the door opened and closed 😭
 
Back
Top