Took delivery today, door doesn’t work

Week goes by. Still sitting at service center since the overnight part didn’t arrive even though it was ordered 3 days ago. Service has been very communicative it’s just all incredibly frustrating. It took days for them to get around to diagnosing, now days to get a part, and I’m sure more days to get back in queue to fix. All because I didn’t check that the door opened and closed 😭
It’s been said before, but overnight doesn’t mean next day to Lucid. It means, once it’s shipped, it will be overnight. My guess is they need it from the assembly line and it takes them an odd amount of time to get it. Once they do, it will be overnighted. That’s an area where they can improve communication.
 
Yeah they could improve communication there. I think most lay people like me probably understand “we’re going to overnight your part” meaning that they will send it overnight that day.
 
It also sounds like an area where they could improve fulfillment.
 
And finally, I have the gravity back. And boy was it some work….

“Verified customer concern, found interior and exterior door handles inoperable, removed inner door panel and performed inspections of all door connectors, found exterior door handle connector severely corroded. Handle and harness need replacement, replaced handle, harness had to be ordered 10/3. Replaced right front door harness on 10/4, after replacement performed testing and found interior door handle release button inoperable still but everything else working, checked wiring and found no issues, swapped interior door panel with known good and found switch still inoperable, swapped left side door control module to the right side and found switch is now working, internal failure of right front door control module, part not in stock, ordered 10/6. Replaced right front door control module 10/8, performed key injection and OTA, performed testing and found all functions working as designed.”

Everything seems to work now. Only weird glitch that is bothersome is entering the car and the screens don’t load except for driver screen. But that’s for another thread.

I’m frustrated with the issue, but I am happy with Lucid service. Everyone was kind, thoughtful and communicative. I am impressed with their service even though I wish I didn’t need it.
 
Everything seems to work now. Only weird glitch that is bothersome is entering the car and the screens don’t load except for driver screen. But that’s for another thread.
This is a known bug in the current software. If you wait 20-40 seconds they will load. If they don’t, a reboot will.
 
Back
Top