Tire Replacement

Back in November, I swapped out the 21" summer performance tires with these Michelin Pilot Sport All season 4 from Tire Rack. Tire Rack will not sell them to you if you select that they are for Lucid. You need to just buy them without a car association. They do not have interior foam, but they are not loud and I have been happy with them through winter. Recent flat tire due to a screw. Used a 21" Tesla Model S wheel as a loaner while tire was being repaired.
IMG_5054.JPG

Back in November, I swapped out the 21" summer performance tires with these Michelin Pilot Sport All season 4 from Tire Rack. Tire Rack will not sell them to you if you select that they are for Lucid. You need to just buy them without a car association. They do not have interior foam, but they are not loud and I have been happy with them through winter. Recent flat tire due to a screw. Used a 21" Tesla Model S wheel as a loaner while tire was being repaired.
View attachment 1844
So did they install them for you? Lol

So did they install them for you? Lol
I did not request they they install them. It was done locally. The only thing Lucid offered me was a winter tire package on 19” wheels. No options for winter or all season on 21”.

View attachment 1844
I have used those on other vehicles before- good tires. Is the 96 load rating the same as the stock tires?

View attachment 1844
Knowing that Tire Rack doesn't offer these tires for the Lucid, could there be a liability problem putting these tires on a Lucid?

I have used those on other vehicles before- good tires. Is the 96 load rating the same as the stock tires?
The Air's tires will be size HL 245/35R21 99 Y XL in front and HL 265/35R21 103 Y XL in back,

Michelin Front 96 Rating (1565 lbs ) vs Pirelli Front 99 Rating (1709 lbs)
Michelin Back 101 Rating (1819 lbs) Vs Pirelli Back 103 Rating (1929 lbs)

Total Load Rating
Michelin (6768 lbs) vs Pirelli (7276 lbs)

GVWR - 5280

Speed rating - Same Y - 186 mph

Probably fine either way, unless you are really loading it down, even with Michelin's you have a ~1,500 lb load capacity

Last edited:
Are all of these weak spots on the front side of the tires or has anyone reported them on the back side of the tires where they are harder to see?

Bad batch of tires.

Had them as oem on three MB’s and had them replaced immediately….

GT on Gold looks good!

20220503_160604.jpg

Back