Tire Replacement

experiment458

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Dream P
DE Number
Lucid service never ceases to amaze me. If you are having reservations because of the lack of service centers, don't! I was washing my car and noticed a grape sized bubble in the sidewall of the driver side front tire. I called the 24/7 help line and they scheduled a technician to replace it the next day. He drove a service van from San Diego to Las Vegas just to replace my tire, then drove back. I was charged $400 for the tire, less than Discount Tire, and $92 for the labor so it worked out to be about the same price. I can't imagine what it actually cost them to just replace a tire but the technician said he has never worked for a company so focused on customer satisfaction. They are working on setting up satellite service centers across the country, including here in Las Vegas. But in the meantime, they will take care of you! Next time, I will probably just use Discount Tire or someone local so it doesn't cost Lucid so much. At least until they get the service center up and running.

Attachments

• IMG_0895.JPG
    IMG_0895.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 165
Lucid service never ceases to amaze me. If you are having reservations because of the lack of service centers, don't! I was washing my car and noticed a grape sized bubble in the sidewall of the driver side front tire. I called the 24/7 help line and they scheduled a technician to replace it the next day. He drove a service van from San Diego to Las Vegas just to replace my tire, then drove back. I was charged $400 for the tire, less than Discount Tire, and $92 for the labor so it worked out to be about the same price. I can't imagine what it actually cost them to just replace a tire but the technician said he has never worked for a company so focused on customer satisfaction. They are working on setting up satellite service centers across the country, including here in Las Vegas. But in the meantime, they will take care of you! Next time, I will probably just use Discount Tire or someone local so it doesn't cost Lucid so much. At least until they get the service center up and running.
Wait, that wasn't covered under the warranty?!

Wait, that wasn't covered under the warranty?!
Not a sidewall bubble. That is usually from hitting pot holes or something. They are submitting a claim to Pirelli on my behalf to see if they will cover it.

Don't know about Pirelli, but Costco has covered road damage for me.

Lucid service never ceases to amaze me. If you are having reservations because of the lack of service centers, don't! I was washing my car and noticed a grape sized bubble in the sidewall of the driver side front tire. I called the 24/7 help line and they scheduled a technician to replace it the next day. He drove a service van from San Diego to Las Vegas just to replace my tire, then drove back.
nice to hear they at least have a service van in San Diego, if and when, I ever get my AGT delivered… 3 months, 10 days and counting. No VIN yet. Nothing from my DA on status. Horrible customer service by the DAs. Should have bought a Tesla if I wanted bad service……

nice to hear they at least have a service van in San Diego, if and when, I ever get my AGT delivered… 3 months, 10 days and counting. No VIN yet. Nothing from my DA on status. Horrible customer service by the DAs. Should have bought a Tesla if I wanted bad service……
3 months is not that long. Lots of others have been waiting longer. You probably won’t receive an update until the DA has one. You can always reach out via email. They reply pretty quickly in my experience.

3 months is not that long. Lots of others have been waiting longer. You probably won’t receive an update until the DA has one. You can always reach out via email. They reply pretty quickly in my experience.
I have reached out and the lack of communication is appalling. Yes they reply, but with stock canned answers. No information is given. They are missing the 2-4 month delivery windows but will not communicate as to why. I‘m sorry, but i expect more when purchasing a $140k car from a company that is talking customer service.

I have reached out and the lack of communication is appalling. Yes they reply, but with stock canned answers. No information is given. They are missing the 2-4 month delivery windows but will not communicate as to why. I‘m sorry, but i expect more when purchasing a $140k car from a company that is talking customer service.
That does sound like Tesla. I can tell you they are missing the windows due to part shortages. There are lots of cars just sitting complete missing 1 part. The world sucks right now. I would ask for a different DA because mine was great and called me all the time.

I am in the same position as Sandvinsd, January '21 order, 11/17/21 confirmation, 2-4 month window expires in 7 days and no meaningful/helpful communication from my DA. Not even a VIN, which might mean delivery in 4-6 weeks, so they are going to be well out of their self-described delivery window with absolutely no revision to expectation. At this point, I really don't care about "parts shortages" unless they actually communicate what the issue is and what my revised expectation might be. I have been very critical of their chosen communication strategy (that being no communication, at least not meaningful) and they have done nothing to dissuade that opinion. I am less willing to accept the "parts shortage" argument though when they are issuing VINs to people that ordered and confirmed after I did. Let's even make my BP rise more by looking at the real possibility that they are choosing to use the available parts on customers cars that ordered/confirmed later than others and pushing off those parts shortages for those of us who they have delayed, making our delays even longer. Without any real communication, customers can assume all sorts of scenarios, which gets back to Lucid managing customers expectations in a professional manner.

I am in the same position as Sandvinsd, January '21 order, 11/17/21 confirmation, 2-4 month window expires in 7 days and no meaningful/helpful communication from my DA. Not even a VIN, which might mean delivery in 4-6 weeks, so they are going to be well out of their self-described delivery window with absolutely no revision to expectation. At this point, I really don't care about "parts shortages" unless they actually communicate what the issue is and what my revised expectation might be. I have been very critical of their chosen communication strategy (that being no communication, at least not meaningful) and they have done nothing to dissuade that opinion. I am less willing to accept the "parts shortage" argument though when they are issuing VINs to people that ordered and confirmed after I did. Let's even make my BP rise more by looking at the real possibility that they are choosing to use the available parts on customers cars that ordered/confirmed later than others and pushing off those parts shortages for those of us who they have delayed, making our delays even longer. Without any real communication, customers can assume all sorts of scenarios, which gets back to Lucid managing customers expectations in a professional manner.
Just looked at the batch tracker, what interior did you order?

That does sound like Tesla. I can tell you they are missing the windows due to part shortages. There are lots of cars just sitting complete missing 1 part. The world sucks right now. I would ask for a different DA because mine was great and called me all the time.
Don’t think windows are the issue ad they seem to be building and delivering red, black and white GTs Just fine. They would all have the same windows. There is definitely some serious paint color batching going on, of which they should let us know when they expect to start producing silver or grey cars. It’s not that difficult. There might be some carpet shortages. Certain interiors tend to get ordered with certain exteriors. If it is a carpet issue, again, they should at least say something.

Mojave

Again, simple communication with a revised expectation would be appreciated. If they are going to tell you 2-4 months upon order confirmation, they should be able to give you a revised timeframe when it becomes abundantly clear that they are not going to come close to making that window.

Yea I will for sure be buying future replacement tires from Costco

I have purchased my replacement tires from Costco and it does include both road damage warranty and nitrogen. BUT...if the tires are not very popular, Costco will have to order the tires in and that will typically take several days so be aware of that.

Mojave

Again, simple communication with a revised expectation would be appreciated. If they are going to tell you 2-4 months upon order confirmation, they should be able to give you a revised timeframe when it becomes abundantly clear that they are not going to come close to making that window.
We ordered at the same time, if I'm not mistaken you also ordered silver. I ordered silver but with Santa Cruz interior. Does this mean that it is more color batching than carpet holding up the the VIN call. Wonder if any GTs released to date had the Mojave interior?

I ordered Grey/Mojave, and have heard....crickets. I do think there have been Red cars with Mojave that have received VINs.

I ordered Grey/Mojave, and have heard....crickets. I do think there have been Red cars with Mojave that have received VINs.
I mentioned in another thread that there were a bunch of GT cars at the Millbrae Center. I did not see any grey or silver models. Lots of red, some white and black.

You should also check the rim as I had the same problem when I hit a pot hole; bubbled grape size and rim was dented on the inside portion of the car. In other words on the back side of the rim closer to the interior of the wheel well.

Back