Pirelli Tire Issue & Warranty Megathread

MPawelek

Cars
None
At a earlier date we heard from some members that their Pirelli tires that came on their Airs formed sidewall bulges and needed to be replaced. At first Lucid did this for owners but recently Lucid said the warranty was between the Air owner and Pirelli and that the tires needed to be registered with Pirelli first for any warranty replacement.

I have gone to this Pirelli site and Lucid is not listed. Has anyone found the correct place to register their tires?

I registered my tires here, but used "none" in the "Brand" section and filled in Lucid's information for the dealer, using the Newark location detail. I am not sure if it is correct, but the registration was accepted...I think. You will need to get the DOT numbers off the tires and they were "validated" successfully.

I registered my tires here, but used "none" in the "Brand" section and filled in Lucid's information for the dealer, using the Newark location detail. I am not sure if it is correct, but the registration was accepted...I think. You will need to get the DOT numbers off the tires and they were "validated" successfully.

Below is the e-mail I sent Pirelli Subject = tire warranty registration

Text = I am unable to register my tires with Pirelli as the website does not list tires for the Lucid car. My car came with Pirellis from the manufacturer with HL245/35 R21 front and HL 265/35 R21 rear. I have a 2022 Lucid Grand Touring that comes standard with these tires.

This is their response.

We apologize for the delayed response. We will forward this issue to our website team to correct. Please note, the make and model fields on the tire registration form are optional, so you should be able to register your tires in the meantime by leaving these fields blank.

Thank you,

renditionDownload

Pirelli Consumer Affairs
[email protected]
1-800-PIRELLI (option 2)

I have had TWO side bulges (separate tires, not at same time) in my DE Range. I'm just shy of 5k miles. Both were warranty covered, but not for labor.

It is normal practice that tire issues are handled directly between the consumer and the tire manufacturer. There should be warranty information provided. I would pick up the phone and call them.

I have had horrible quality issues with Pirelli tires over the years during my racing days. I will switch to Michelin's the first chance I get. I also like Bridgestone quality and Goodyear’s plant in Germany that produces for the German OEMs.

I haven't seen it for a bit, but I noticed a small tire bubble on the sidewall of my passenger front tire today. I know that some of you had this issue when Lucid was handling the warranty processing, but it also sounded like they were no longer doing that. My questions are: how do you go about submitting a warranty claim and how does one know whether it's a defect or a result of driving? I don't recall curbing that wheel and I can't see any scratches on the tire, but I also worry that I'm sort of at the whim of whatever the folks evaluating the claim say.

Thanks in advance.

I went to the Pirelli website and registered my tires, just in case.

Last edited:
I haven't seen it for a bit, but I noticed a small tire bubble on the sidewall of my passenger front tire today. I know that some of you had this issue when Lucid was handling the warranty processing, but it also sounded like they were no longer doing that. My questions are: how do you go about submitting a warranty claim and how does one know whether it's a defect or a result of driving? I don't recall curbing that wheel and I can't see any scratches on the tire, but I also worry that I'm sort of at the whim of whatever the folks evaluating the claim say.

Thanks in advance.
Lucid took care of it for me. Depends on the wear on the tire if Pirelli will do it with no questions asked. Lucid's price for a new tire was reasonable, so I had them change it, and they submitted to Pirelli. Mine was covered.

In looking at the warranty it appears that I have to take to an authorized Pirelli dealer, but Lucid doesn't seem to be listed as such. If anyone has any experience handling this on your own, please let me know.

Lucid took care of it for me. Depends on the wear on the tire if Pirelli will do it with no questions asked. Lucid's price for a new tire was reasonable, so I had them change it, and they submitted to Pirelli. Mine was covered.
Thanks...you answered my question as I was typing it. I'll see if Lucid can send it in for me.

@Maverick .. how did the tire issue work out for you?

As I was unplugging the charger today, I noticed a small bubble in my driver side front tire. Did you call Lucid?

(I have 177mi on the car .. got it w/ 29mi. .. don't believe that I've hit anything or any potholes).

As I was unplugging the charger today, I noticed a small bubble in my driver side front tire. Did you call Lucid?

(I have 177mi on the car .. got it w/ 29mi. .. don't believe that I've hit anything or any potholes).
I had Lucid come replace mine via mobile service. Cost me $600 or so. Of course, the tire wasn't under warranty, better then taking a chance on a bubble and blowout.

Lucid covered the labor and Pirelli covered the tire for me. I was prepared to pay if necessary. These tires are highly reinforced so a catastrophic failure may be unlikely, but the cost of a tire is well worth it to not be stranded on the side of a busy highway.

So I don't know how things have worked out yet as I haven't heard anything back from Lucid yet. They were going to file the claim and send to Pirelli for me. Given the number of cars at the Scottsdale SC, it's probably not top of mind.

Hopefully, given your low mileage they'll see it as a tire detect.

Update: .. Customer Service was not able to help. They said that Lucid no longer provides Hazard Warranty and that I should take the car to Discount Tire as they deal w/ manufacturers like Pirelli all the time and would be able to assist me with filing a warranty claim.
Discount tire ordered a tire, but said that they can't do anything about warranty ... so; there it is. (they had never seen a Lucid before .. I hope they ordered the proper Elect EV tire 🤞)

The crazy part is that I've had issues w/ bubbles in Pirelli P-zero tires on a few vehicles (even the F150). This is the first time that I'm pretty sure the bubble wasn't caused by anything I did (in the 150 mi. I've driven); although I did NOT check the tires upon delivery.

@MoniputerLM .. how did you register the tires on the Pirelli website? It won't let me select Lucid as a manufacturer. .. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4699.jpeg
    IMG_4699.jpeg
    257 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_4700.jpeg
    IMG_4700.jpeg
    296 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_4703.jpeg
    IMG_4703.jpeg
    356.2 KB · Views: 285
Didn't realize this thread existed. Posted my issue on a different thread (Tire bubbles)

I'll try the @WildRide47 's suggested method for registering Pirelli tires.

Not sure I'll get anywhere regarding warranty with my email.

I didn't even drive 150 miles and I already have a bubble in 1 tire .. without hitting anything (that I could feel or hear). Btw, I've had a similar problem 3 years ago with 2 Pirelli P-zero Scorpion 22"
tires on my F150 (though Ford did provide some warranty coverage).

Does anyone have an acceptable 21" Pirelli alternative for the GT? CS didn't know of any other tire manufacturer that would be suitable.

Michelin Pilot Sport is a great alternative and a far superior tire. Go to tirerack.com and type in your vehicle and you will see the options.

Michelin Pilot Sport is a great alternative and a far superior tire. Go to tirerack.com and type in your vehicle and you will see the options.
I was thinking about these myself coz that's exactly what I had put as new tires for when we had our Tesla Model 3. But what I do not know is why they're better than these Pirelli's?

Michelin and Bridgestone are the largest tire manufacturers and have the largest R&D budgets by a long shot. Everything about their higher end products are better, e.g., materials, manufacturing process control, etc. The end result is a product that exceeds the competition in all parameters- dry handling, wet handling, comfort, noise, six-sigma quality, etc.

Pirelli has a sexy name but they are notorious for shoddy quality and their R&D is non existent.

Update: .. Customer Service was not able to help. They said that Lucid no longer provides Hazard Warranty and that I should take the car to Discount Tire as they deal w/ manufacturers like Pirelli all the time and would be able to assist me with filing a warranty claim.
Discount tire ordered a tire, but said that they can't do anything about warranty ... so; there it is. (they had never seen a Lucid before .. I hope they ordered the proper Elect EV tire 🤞)

The crazy part is that I've had issues w/ bubbles in Pirelli P-zero tires on a few vehicles (even the F150). This is the first time that I'm pretty sure the bubble wasn't caused by anything I did (in the 150 mi. I've driven); although I did NOT check the tires upon delivery.

@MoniputerLM .. how did you register the tires on the Pirelli website? It won't let me select Lucid as a manufacturer. .. Thanks
If you replace the 19” tires, they are covered by a road hazard warranty at America’s Tire.
The top is original equipment with lower rolling resistance vs specifically for EVs.
96FD7FB2-B01B-47AE-BE3C-9A1DD7314928.jpeg

Back