Tinting in SW Florida

Wow! Lots of useful information. Thanks everyone.

I was just notified that the car is in production so I may have a lot more questions.

I live in Sarasota and the car will be in West Palm Beach. Should I have any PPF or ceramic coatings and tinting done in West Palm before driving, or should I drive it across the state ... about 175 miles.... and have it done locally? Would prefer to use a local shop for lots of reasons but do not know what the risk of a 175 mile drive is
I had a similar thought as I could pick up in Houston versus having delivered in Austin, but had several people respond/message, including @Tesla2.0, to have it delivered to avoid any damage from highway driving prior to dropping off at the detailer for PPF/ceramic/tint/etc. Will also be nice to have the detailer help with the initial delivery inspection for things I may not see. Though I'll be chomping at the bit to get behind the wheel...

Thanks th14. That is kind of my analysis. For that much money, I can get it painted. Tint, yes, especially in south Florida. I like the look of ceramic sealer plus it helps with handwashing. Just not sure the PPF offers that much more protection on a cost/benefit analysis

Thanks BobFM. I agree. I am eager to take the wheel but happy to defer gratification for a few days to get it done right.

Regarding tinting the windows, I notice the shades that go up and down lean against the window.. Any issues with tint and the shades?

Regarding tinting the windows, I notice the shades that go up and down lean against the window.. Any issues with tint and the shades?
Nope

Back