Three-Row SUV road trip race: Would Gravity have won?

I am a bit curious, out of the four presented in that video, which one would you think is the best regarding family hauling? Also, I completely agree about price being a huge factor for families (the EV9 is the cheapest here), but do many families really care about driving dynamics?
The R1S is not a TRUE 7 seat people hauler. The storage space left after having 7 people loaded in is abysmally absent. But of the 4, it's still probably the best when combining everything. The EV9 has good trunk storage but the frunk of the R1S makes up the difference.

The Gravity is more than 12" shorter than the R1S.

?

The Rivian R1S is 200.8 inches long vs. 198.2 inches for the Gravity. (R1S wheelbase is 121.1 inches vs. 119.5 for the Gravity.)

?

The Rivian R1S is 200.8 inches long vs. 198.2 inches for the Gravity. (R1S wheelbase is 121.1 inches vs. 119.5 for the Gravity.)
In HEIGHT, not in LENGTH..

In HEIGHT, not in LENGTH..
And also, did you mean the EV6? The EV5 has not been released in North America.
The R1S is not a TRUE 7 seat people hauler. The storage space left after having 7 people loaded in is abysmally absent. But of the 4, it's still probably the best when combining everything. The EV9 has good trunk storage but the frunk of the R1S makes up the difference.
I agree regarding the frunk making up for the lack of cargo in the Rivian, considering our EV9 frunk is useless (currently, we use it to store all the charging cables). I already mentioned the various drawbacks of each of these SUVs in my post above, but considering everything the EV9 has over the Rivian (as stated), I still think it is a better family hauler than the R1S. As a bonus, the EV9 is far cheaper.

We haven't gone on a trip where the third row would need to be up yet, but all the cargo we would have needed for a week-long trip (4 people) would have fit behind the third row. Am I just missing something, or is the EV9 better than the R1S at pretty much everything except cargo capacity including the frunk (for family hauler purposes, obviously the Rivian is much better in other areas).

I agree regarding the frunk making up for the lack of cargo in the Rivian, considering our EV9 frunk is useless (currently, we use it to store all the charging cables). I already mentioned the various drawbacks of each of these SUVs in my post above, but considering everything the EV9 has over the Rivian (as stated), I still think it is a better family hauler than the R1S. As a bonus, the EV9 is far cheaper.

We haven't gone on a trip where the third row would need to be up yet, but all the cargo we would have needed for a week-long trip (4 people) would have fit behind the third row. Am I just missing something, or is the EV9 better than the R1S at pretty much everything except cargo capacity including the frunk (for family hauler purposes, obviously the Rivian is much better in other areas).
I agree with @xponent regarding the R1S trunk space. Even with the 3rd row up, I can carry my 35lb dog in his carrier in that space. The EV9 "trunk" with the 3rd row seat up "looks" smaller. But I have seen an actual EV9 in the fresh. I haven "seen" the Gravity's trunk either. According to @borski who have seen it, he said there is a "stupid amount of room". Yet, the Gravity is not as long as the R1S and is ~121/2" shorter (HEIGHT) than the R1S.

You keep saying family hauler but in your use case, 4 people plus luggage, doesn't require a 7 seat SUV. You could probably get by with a 5 seater. These 7 seaters are really put to the test with 6-7 people plus stuff not these up to 5 people with stuff tests.

I agree with @xponent regarding the R1S trunk space. Even with the 3rd row up, I can carry my 35lb dog in his carrier in that space. The EV9 "trunk" with the 3rd row seat up "looks" smaller. But I have seen an actual EV9 in the fresh. I haven "seen" the Gravity's trunk either. According to @borski who have seen it, he said there is a "stupid amount of room". Yet, the Gravity is not as long as the R1S and is ~121/2" shorter (HEIGHT) than the R1S.
You keep bringing up how much smaller the Gravity is, but the Gravity has more cargo capacity than the R1S.

Thread 'Time to put some specs into perspective' https://lucidowners.com/threads/time-to-put-some-specs-into-perspective.7150/

You keep bringing up how much smaller the Gravity is, but the Gravity has more cargo capacity than the R1S.

Thread 'Time to put some specs into perspective' https://lucidowners.com/threads/time-to-put-some-specs-into-perspective.7150/
I don't know whether the volume comparisons are "beneficial space" or "how much water can it hold". I don't want to debate it either.

If you haven't looked at the following couple of links, it might be informative. Draw your own clonclusions.

When Gravity comes to market, let reality tell us what it actually looks like.

When Gravity comes to market, let reality tell us what it actually looks like.

I have seen the Gravity twice at the two Design Studios in Florida. Its interior passenger and cargo space is on a par with our Honda Odyssey minivan. Lucid really does seem to have reprised the space packaging miracle it first pulled off with the Air.

I haven "seen" the Gravity's trunk either. According to @borski who have seen it, he said there is a "stupid amount of room".
View attachment IMG_0699.jpeg

You may have to be careful with the shape due to the sort of triangle of the seat backs and the door, but I think you could fit much more than a 35lb dog's crate back there. Plus there's room under the floor for cargo.

View attachment 22000

You may have to be careful with the shape due to the sort of triangle of the seat backs and the door, but I think you could fit much more than a 35lb dog's crate back there. Plus there's room under the floor for cargo.
As you implied, the "volume" of cargo space can be misleading as the geometry might impact the usability of the space. This is true for all SUVs.

Cargo space aside, if you regularly carry passengers in the 3rd row, I think the ease (or lack-there-of) ingress/egress of the 3rd row passenger the more important factor. These factors are determined by the mechanisms on which the 2nd row seats slides and folds and the availability (or lack-there-of) of grab handles. The presence/absence of running boards and ground clearance is also a factor.

Back