This is what happens when you smash your Air into a wall of rock at high speed

Amster

Verified Owner
Cars
ZR Grand Touring
Referral Code
U9GRC6K9
Monday night. The bad thing is that driving the car can make you think you are fast enough to do some crazy things. The good thing is it is incredibly protective of the people in it. I was the passenger. My husband was driving. We hit that wall at 60mph, possibly more. I have broken pinkie, a sore and swollen thumb, bruises on my torso from the seat belt. He was holding onto the wheel, has a fracture in each hand and I think the vertebrae near his neck. I'm amazed and happy to be alive and not needing hospitalization. I'm waiting to see what the insurance payout is and will probably buy another one. This time my hubby will have very limited driving right to it.

Attachments

• 20230222_120251.jpg
    20230222_120251.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 599
  • 20230222_120316.jpg
    20230222_120316.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 526
  • 20230222_115339.jpg
    20230222_115339.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 522
  • 20230222_115238.jpg
    20230222_115238.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 523
  • 20230220_195317.jpg
    20230220_195317.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 641
Monday night. The bad thing is that driving the car can make you think you are fast enough to do some crazy things. The good thing is it is incredibly protective of the people in it. I was the passenger. My husband was driving. We hit that wall at 60mph, possibly more. I have broken pinkie, a sore and swollen thumb, bruises on my torso from the seat belt. He was holding onto the wheel, has a fracture in each hand and I think the vertebrae near his neck. I'm amazed and happy to be alive and not needing hospitalization. I'm waiting to see what the insurance payout is and will probably buy another one. This time my hubby will have very limited driving right to it.
Very happy you both are okay. Yikes!

Wowza. That is crazy. I am so glad you are ok and weren't more seriously injured.

So glad you and hubby are ok! Too bad Lucid doesn’t have dash cam implemented yet!

So sorry that happened, and I’m glad you are both ok. I’m on team “don’t let the husbands drive the car”

I’m very glad that you are both relatively un-hurt. I’m sorry you’ve lost your Lucid. I hope it won’t be too long before you get your next one.

Glad that you are both relatively unhurt. The amount of damage to the vehicle in a crash at approximately 60 miles an hour is amazing. It looks like the car did its job and protected you both!

Unfortunate event, the car did what it was designed to do and thankfully you are here to give an update. Speedy recovery to you and your husband!

Thank you for sharing. I am so glad you both are relatively okay. I am also impressed at how the car looks. I would have expected so much more damage. Again, glad you are okay.

Glad you're both ok and the car was able to bear the brunt of the impact. Wishing you both a speedy recovery

I was surprised when I got to see the car on Wednesday. I would have thought the damage would be worse too. The way the car handled the crash really makes me inclined to buy another one. That one was a GT, reserved before the price increase. I will probably drop to a Touring. I'll hear from insurance next week and then it's time to go shopping. I'll miss the range, but the extra HP is not needed. I'm still jumpy driving around speeders, and the idea of driving on windy mountain roads makes me panic. I already talked to my son about driving me out 76 where it happened, because I need to regain my calm.
Plus my husband doesn't need the temptation of 800hp. He's always been a very solid, but aggressive driver. He wanted the Dream Edition to start with, but it was out of our price range. He says that this accident really changed him, that taking a car to it's limits just because he can is a thing of the past. I'll believe it when I see it. But he won't be driving for a few months. In the meantime, my son and I will be driving him around. If he complains about my driving, he says I can stop and throw him out and let him walk. Which I will be really tempted to do.

Back