Founding Member
Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Model S Plaid, Odyssey
DE Number
Referral Code
033M4EXG
There's a new "Road to Gravity" video about the paint colors. Although the Gravity is supposed to have three new colors unique to the Gravity, they really only showed one -- Aurora Green -- in any detail. The other two were not even identified by name. One is the soft silver "Titanium Metallic" (I think) of one of the cars on the show circuit. The other is a bronze tone, the name of which I can't even remember. (And what does it mean to say a color is "very technical?)

I wonder when paint and upholstery samples will arrive in Design Centers? I want to order as soon as orders open up, but I'd like a chance to see the colors in actuality beforehand.

Last edited:
Correction: that silver color will be "Lunar Titanium". The bronze will be "Supernova Bronze".

I'm not generally a fan of silver colors for vehicles, but the Air looks incredibly good in Cosmic Silver, and the silver Gravity I saw -- although under studio lighting -- was quite fetching.

We need some samples that can be carried out into the daylight before orders open up. I'm surprised they haven't shown up in showrooms yet, as the exterior and interior colors seem to have been locked in since at least the L.A. Auto Show 10 months ago.

We need some samples that can be carried out into the daylight before orders open up. I'm surprised they haven't shown up in showrooms yet, as the exterior and interior colors seem to have been locked in since at least the L.A. Auto Show 10 months ago.
Maybe making sure the paints actually work reliably in the new paint shop before they ship samples, in case a formula has to be tweaked last minute? I'm also looking forward to seeing Aurora Green in person, pictures don't seem to be doing it any justice.

Personally, I can't wait until Aurora Green makes its way to Air. Or some other green. But I think Aurora would look nice on Air, in either Platinum or Stealth. Much like Fathom Blue.

Personally, I can't wait until Aurora Green makes its way to Air. Or some other green. But I think Aurora would look nice on Air, in either Platinum or Stealth. Much like Fathom Blue.

Since early days I wished for an Air in a soft olive green with silver and brown undertones. Aurora Green looks pretty close to what I was envisioning.

Kyle Conner and several other reviewers have commented that it is the color they would take, and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it in the flesh. The off-white Ojai interior (left) looks to make a really nice combo, but I'm wanting to see how the taupe interior (right) works with the Aurora Green, especially as the taupe is Nappa leather and the Ojai is a synthetic (which isn't a bad thing these days).

Screenshot 2024-08-19 at 8.36.15 AM.webp

I just found out the Aurora Green prototype will be on view at the Miami Design Studio on Saturday, September 28 from noon to 2:00 p.m. (but longer, I'm told, if there are still people coming in). No reservation or invitation needed. I don't know why the viewing window is so narrow.

Back