The new Lotus electric SUV "Eletre"

Well, no tri-motor as people were guessing, so 900 hp from dual motor is impressive. The S seems like the suite spot at about $118k, which is where my reservation will go. I do wish for more range and this may be a place holder for the Gravity for my fiancé if it turns out to be as good as my GT is.

I dont see a Lotus as a daily driver but your occasional weekend/fun/exotic driving car. This leads me to question the reliability of it if driven every day.

With the debuts of the EQE SUV, Polestar 3, and Eletre, I'm leaning more towards the Gravity. I'm just curious about how much better Lucid will be able to do than these specs. I think the SUV shape itself is the biggest driver of limitations. The Ioniq 5 also compares favorably but it's really not an SUV. More like an econobox on big wheels.

The gravity will be killer, I hope they design some decent ground clearance so it is off road capable. Not necessarily R1S level, but enough that you could overland with it.

Just a small precision, the current Polestar 2 is made in China. The Polestar 3 will be made in the US.
Powertrain is designed and made in Sweden, everything assembled in China.

The gravity will be killer, I hope they design some decent ground clearance so it is off road capable. Not necessarily R1S level, but enough that you could overland with it.
Derek has come on record to say the Gravityb is geared towards an in town luxury SUV

That was for the Polestar 2. Their plans could have changed but this is their press release :

Yes, they have to. Even Chinese business entities don’t want to work in CCP China. Covid still have cities lock down over there periodically. It is a joke after 3years of Covid and not profitable operated like that. In addition, there will be tax credit for consumers if manufactured in USA. But Polestar 2 is really a Swedish run company. Geely is just ownership, Chinese are buying many European brands in corporate take over.

Lotus Eletre specs and pricing released. Power's great. Very customizable. Price is very high. Range is not. Seems to be more feature rich than the Polestar 3.

European prices are quoted with taxes included.

1666736948599.png

I dont see a Lotus as a daily driver but your occasional weekend/fun/exotic driving car. This leads me to question the reliability of it if driven every day.

The Eletre isn't a piston car with 200+ hp per liter.

The Eletre isn't going to be manufactured in the English Midlands.

Geely has more experience manufacturing quality BEVs than does Lucid.

Interesting. Maybe % growth in number of billionaires in the last decade. But I think their top 1% is overall wealthier than everyone else. Such irony for communistic government to have to many rich class capitalizing their cheap labor market exporting to rest of the world.

Interesting. Maybe % growth in number of billionaires in the last decade. But I think their top 1% is overall wealthier than everyone else. Such irony for communistic government to have to many rich class capitalizing their cheap labor market exporting to rest of the world.

The US economy is bigger than the Chinese economy with roughly 1/4 of the population.

The Chinese are not wealthier than the US no matter how you slice and dice it.

China has a much bigger luxury vehicle market. Chinese don't believe in the concept of "vulgar display of wealth."

New money is the same everywhere. As soon you get it flaunt it. A greater percentage of rich Chinese are new money.

Many Americans that can afford a $150k vehicle chose a $35k vehicle.

A much greater percentage of Chinese that can afford a luxury vehicle actually buy one.

Crap, I actually like it. Not sure what that says about me. Maybe I’m the demographic? 😂
I have one on order but the local dealer has absolutely no information from Lotus about a delivery date or which versions, I want the R which has 900HP, will be available in the US.

I have one on order but the local dealer has absolutely no information from Lotus about a delivery date or which versions, I want the R which has 900HP, will be available in the US.
Good, now I don’t feel bad. I bet you will receive the Hummer first.

Good, now I don’t feel bad. I bet you will receive the Hummer first.
Looks like the Hummer and Rivian will be available around the same time. I really want to see the Hummer first.

Looks like the Hummer and Rivian will be available around the same time. I really want to see the Hummer first.
I forgot you were getting an R1S also. Between the production ramp and cancellations from the economy, I think we will be getting our Rivians sooner than expected. I have no clue what’s going on with the Hummer. Seems like a unicorn.

Back