The Air, the Gravity . . . and what comes next

But . . . the software in our Gravities is definitely not anywhere close to where it should have been for the launch of a vehicle upon which Lucid was depending to carry it more into the mainstream.
That wasn’t what I was disagreeing with. :)
 
Oh yes!!! My cousin drove the van a couple of times. He said it was very fun vehicle. It's name was Edna (I cheated and looked up the name). I still have the video of the golf somewhere.
Edna
Ok, called my cousin because of severe health issues and talked about Edna and orginal Golf mule. Edna, he said, was powered by two RDUs from a Tesla S. Interesting to say the least.
 
That wasn’t what I was disagreeing with. :)

I didn't realize you were disagreeing with anything. I thought you were just describing a personal experience with your Gravity that was different from mine. I don't think there's any "right" or "wrong" involved on either side.
 
I didn't realize you were disagreeing with anything. I thought you were just describing a personal experience with your Gravity that was different from mine. I don't think there's any "right" or "wrong" involved on either side.
Haha, I was just being cute, sorry. I was just saying that I thought the Air had come a very very long way from when I (and you) bought it (a 'disagreement' from your post about it not having come as far, if read that way). But I wanted to be clear that I didn't disagree with your assessment that the Gravity software should have been better at launch.

I think we're on the same page :P
 
I have only had my GGT for one week but based on my limited use agree with most of what is said above. Hardware is spot on and fantastic. Software is the main issue. But we need to separate that issue into how it is designed (or intended to be designed) and how it works now with the various bugs. I really like the software layout, ability to put what I want on upper screen and something different or complementary on lower. Menus are intuitive and easy to navigate, usually without having to dig deep into submenus. Yes, I would prefer a few more hard buttons but recognize reducing buttons and relying on software is the future and a consequence of heavily software defined user experience. At least we have hard controls for seats, vents, some AC controls - unlike Tesla, Rivian and a lot of other competition. The software on my Mercedes is much less flexible and harder to navigate BUT it has NO bugs.

The problem with Gravity software is not its basic design but the bugs. Stamp out these bugs and enable the design to work as intended, and they will have a winner.

I totally agree with the comments that most people in market for mid size, mid priced Lucid will not have the patience for early adopter issues. There is a reason most of these people in market to spend around $50,000 for car are more likely to buy a new Acura, Toyota or Lexus as opposed to a used Jaguar or Porsche. They car much more about reliability than driving dynamics. For many of these people, this will be their only car and they are not retired, upper level executives, etc. with ability to take the car to SC on regular basis. “Sorry boss, going to be late for work again today cause I have to take car in for service again.”

Yes. I am a big fan of the design. I think it is under-appreciated - or probably more accurately lost for many by the times things don’t work right - but it’s visual, clear, and almost everything I use on a regular basis isn’t buried six layers deep in menus. Tesla lost me when I went for a test drive and accidentally folded the mirrors twice while on the road.
 
Love the Gravity to respond like this.

If you’re in drive assist and it notices you not paying attention, it will aggressively scream at you and then it will perform an in-lane stop. Given that it can do automatic lane changes, I see no reason why they couldn’t eventually add getting over to a shoulder.

Really neat feature though!
 
Back
Top