Thanks to those who made this website.

Thanks @Cosmo Cruz. The current (and some past) moderators and members are what have shaped this place to be what it is today. The power of community participation is incredible.

@borski summed it up pretty well. I am definitely the quiet one and do the least amount of work compared to the mods. I lurk in the background and make sure the forum is operating at 100%.

My history is just being a car guy that picked up my first EV in 2017 (Tesla Model S) and became an EV fanatic since, but I still am a petrolhead at heart and cherish my 1994 Mazda RX-7. I remember stumbling upon an AutoBlog article about Lucid in 2017 and when I saw the design, I fell in love with it. I then later decided to start up the forums to see if I could gather up some other interested members and have a place for our own. As you can see, I started this in 2017 and it was completely quiet for about 2.5 years. Here is the first post:

@hmp10 was one of the first very active members here and I'd say played a key role in the forums success today as his posts and questions sparked new members to join in and participate. Otherwise, it was still a ghost town here. Here is a legacy thread to get an idea of his participation:

Shortly after, @hydbob joined and is the most active member closing in on 10k posts and reactions. He became a moderator about 6 months after joining and is now an admin. I believe he also got banned from the "other forum" 🤣

@mnewber1 was a great mod at the time and started the Tracker thread that brought in a lot of exposure and activity to the forum. Was a sad day loosing a great member when he left. Same for @rbbarry.

There are many others who played pivotal roles here at the forums as well (@Alex, @Neurio, @PhotoEye, @Sandvinsd, @Tesla2.0, @Tesla2Lucid, @ac.bill - and many more but just naming on top of my head, hopefully don't upset anyone I missed!), some still with us and others who have departed. Maybe to return one day? Time will tell but I do think we will see some old faces turn up again in the future... :)
Oh, I haven't departed. I've just been swamped with that IRL stuff. Still love my Air GT and flog it every chance I get. This forum is a gem, a great resource for those new to Lucid or altogether new to EVs. Forums don't run on their own and we're lucky to have people motivated enough to create and run them for us. Thanks!

Back